TV Detector Vans ........did they ever really exist ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Supercharged

New reports out say that they were an urban myth.....yes vans existed but couldn't detect if you had a license ?

Was it all just a rouse ?

Last edited:
Only had one ever come up the lane....told them to love off onto the main road as they were uninvited on private land....and shout their requests to me....(it was rather a long lane).....then I shut the door....and they fecked off.

:wink:

Waving little cards at me does not work.....just like the copper at past midnight on the way back from the SER meeting a few days ago....he went off smarting as well. If they would only start off by being pleasant...........

They still have some, About 10-11 for the whole country.

Detection is impossible. All they have is a laptop and a database of non registered addresses.

Besides. The use of surveillance kit is heavily restricted.

tvdetectMS1407_468x328.jpg

They ask a loaded question,   and on the grounds of that caution you.

Once cautioned, you are asked loaded questions  and then based on your answers they decide  whether to prosecute or not.

In my case thay had no case to answer, as i was follwing there flawed process to the letter :)

Mart

New reports out say that they were an urban myth.....yes vans existed but couldn't detect if you had a license ?

Was it all just a rouse ?
I can't believe Mickey was anything to do with it, although he likes a lark. I also don't think it was a ruse, as there were TV adverts about them, which would have been a ballsy lie.

As for Police; well there is only one thing worse than a police force.. NO police force..

Goodness me, I've been known to offer people doing their work cups of tea or cold cans of drink to sip later. I can see peasants turning into my drive from upstairs but a TV licence man wouldn't have me flustered as it's on direct debit and I even know where the paperwork is.

It is my belief that Rouse will find any means possible to take money of unsuspecting people. I think he would possibly shoot for money?

Latest posts

Back