wabbits

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elmer j fudd 

Yes he had some cwazy wabbit.

Been thirty years since i last went wabbit hunting, I remember the spasm it freaked me out the first time I shot one.

Thanks Andy all good info

just been watching one of elmer,s films.it had a very good safety message. never put your barrel down a rabbit hole and pull the trigger. i always assumed that dirt could get in the end of your barrel but apparently the pesky wabbits push a carrot up the end.

Paul

We could have fun with this. You Got A 410 in the stable. ?
Sorry no. I have a 22 airsporter though. 

Mind you it's been sat fot 10 years doing nothing so might have as much puff as an ashmatic flea.. but worth a try. 

What I think woild be best on the place you have would be a silenced 22 rimfire with subsonic ammo. 

A 7.62 or 50 cal would be more fun but might draw a little unwanted attention. 

Paul

We could have fun with this. You Got A 410 in the stable. ?

Mind you it's been sat fot 10 years doing nothing so might have as much puff as an ashmatic flea.. but worth a try. 

What I think would be best on the place you have would be a silenced 22 rimfire with subsonic ammo. 

You would need to find somebody with a firearms licence though. 

Last edited by a moderator:

What I think would be best on the place you have would be a silenced 22 rimfire with subsonic ammo. 

You would need to find somebody with a firearms licence though. 
Wonder if I could get a FAL on the basis of pest control ?

My FAC was issued for pest control.  You just need land suitable for use of the calibers you want.  .22LR with subsonics is great for shooting bunnies. .17HMR is good if you want  to reach them out to about 150 yards on a calm day.  It's a lot louder though even with the moderator, it stops the bang but not the supersonic crack.

[SIZE=10.5pt].177 sub 12 ftlb doing between 11 ftlb & 11.6 ftlb at the muzzle is perfect for bunny control in this circumstance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Range is down to shooter ability and the rifle / pellet match. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Stick to 35 yards as a secondary zero (first at 15-18) and your max distance this way you’re only holding under by 1 mil dot on a mil dot scope at 10x mag.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]A properly zeroed rifle with a correctly matched pellet and the use of aim points and a laser range finder will see you with practise extend the range humanely to 60 yards (My maximum when conditions allow)! The pellet has plenty of energy to do the job beyond this distance, its down to you to put it in the right place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Have a play with a "chairgun" to see how much energy you will have left at different distances, remember you only need 3-4 ftlb of energy to kill a rabbit with a head shot.[/SIZE]

If you want to see some excellent air rifle shooting on youtube check out Vermin Hunters TV, most is done with a .22 spring and piston rifle but Simon and Davy are very well practised and shoot out regularly beyond 60 yards humanely. 

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]ATB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Matt[/SIZE]

Cheers good info that. 

I have a few rifles but the AA is prob the choice I have a hawk map pro on that one so easy peezy mill dot specific for air rifle trajectory. 

Cheers good info that.

I have a few rifles but the AA is prob the choice I have a hawk map pro on that one so easy peezy mill dot specific for air rifle trajectory.
​How are you getting on clearing the rabbits Ips.

joe

to be honest I haven started I filled a few pesky wabbit holes and most seem to have beggered off

I used to use a .22 webley raider 2 shot with h and n FTT, it had nikko sterling gold crown 3-9x40 which was a great combo for rabbits up to around 35 yards.

Silenced pcp air rifles on rabbits are great as the other rabbits in the area don't notice what's going on.

If its safe, 22lr with subs and nightvision......mines lethal  :wink:

Or, 30 yrds with the .177. Head shots.

Forget the .410....too loud unless you are shooting them when they are bolting. Ferrets are fun if you want to shoot them with a shotgun when they bolt.

Latest posts

Back