Webley Scott 812K

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDupoy

I'm contemplating buying a New semi auto and the WS 812K seems a well priced option, have had a Beretta 302 which I couldn't get on with, has anyone got any feedback or opinions on my potential purchase?

Thank you in advance

Ian

Doubtful if many on here will shoot a semi-auto, they tend to be rather "looked down on" on the "pro clay circuit". The new models which now eject the spent case downwards, may change a few minds, not many shooters relish a spent shell clatering around their ears when preparing to shoot - (trap events).

Phil*

Generally the Turkish made Webley Scotts are not reliable in over and under form as far too many are sent back with ejector, trigger and double discharge problems.

I've shot the semi auto a few times as clients guns but as to reliability I'm unsure.

Personally I wouldn't touch one as there are far better second hand guns out there.

Made by Armsan in Turkey. I have one called a viper G2 over here marketed by Tristar, I bought it as they give a 5 year warranty. So far a good reliable gun.

Doubtful if many on here will shoot a semi-auto, they tend to be rather "looked down on" on the "pro clay circuit".

Phil*
Best you tell Duncan Lawton that Phil,he was a World Champion using his Remington.

Also many top shooter from the 'pro clay circuit' have bought autos so that they can shoot the very successful competitions designed for autos only.

The sideways ejection from most autos is not a problem other than in trap shooting where the ejected shell is said to be a distraction.

I think the only problem with autos is in competition shoots where it is almost impossible to pick up your empty shells because the next shooter is waiting to get in the cage.

I try to pick up my share during a lull in proceedings,if there is one.

Vic.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, I have, however, had a rethink and am rather keen on a Miroku mk 38

which has rather taken my fancy!

I know, I know but weren't you looking for a semi auto?

Ian

Check out the Beretta AL391 series and also the new Outlander all of which have many many fans; myself included.

I have 2 AL391 Urika Teknys Stonecoat Sporters, my main one has had about 30K cartridges through it and less than 20 failures to cycle so VERY reliable!

Jon.

Latest posts

Back