Westfields 16. 3.14 Too Hard or Spot on

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha the wise old mr bubb , how are your averages progressing christopher , i thought you should have hit a lot more than you actually did on sunday , ho and the previous westfield ,

it looks like it might of been on the stiff side, the average score in B was 63.73 (42 shooters) A was 70.57 (45 shooters) and AA 74.7 (20 shooters). I am going to Weston woods on Sunday and have all ways liked it there Steve puts on a good shoot and I like his targets so lets hope and pray :rabbi:  he is a better mood this weekend   :prankster:
I was one of the 30 odd C shots, just did the maths, C Class average across 37 entries appears too be 52.1, now in other thread Ive already said that after 5 stands I was considering packing up but kept on through, now my card read 49, which is just under the days average, and as per thats were I think that as a shot I am, that is currently at a standard below the average C class shot, Im not a good enough shooter to comment on the "too hard too soft was it a good course' question so won't, did I enjoy it, tbh too many of the stands I didnt but others I watched clearly did, then a number of the stands I shot very well I then saw "better" shots clearly struggle (so glad I stayed)

Wont be at Weston, other commitments so can't compare, am though looking forward to the saturday Windrush shoots

ha the wise old mr bubb , how are your averages progressing christopher , i thought you should have hit a lot more than you actually did on sunday , ho and the previous westfield ,
To be honest Steve I shot quite well, it was just a 1x10 and a 2x8 that ruined a decent card. Hope to do better on Sunday at W.W.

Glad you see the humorous side of this subject Chris,some people like tough targets ,some people don't,

Steve will never please everyone,just enjoy shooting every Sunday ,it's a release from work ,everybody likes

To shoot well, but if it don't happen this Sunday ,there's always next Sunday ,hope you enjoy it as much as me

Mark, I don't know where you got the idea that I don't like hard targets. If you read what I said, If Steve were to put on 2 or 3 shoots in a row of this severity he would lose entries. That's what I said nothing to do with how I felt about the shoot. And looking at what a couple of people have posted about the scores relating to the classes it was quite tough. And as for your argument about C&B class shooters still turning up, that is because this is the first one of this difficulty.As Clynt said Westfield is known for being one of the tougher shoots, so its not as if its soft and needs firming up.

For me besides being my favourite ground, you can't practice westfield and thats what brings down the averages. Far too many shoots get shot the day before or in some cases the week before.

I agree Chris it was tougher than normal,but I did enjoy the shoot ,but that's my personal opinion

Westfield is our home ground, and I would shoot this whatever the targets were, the last shoot I shot

Like this was the inter county shoot , so it's not very often they crop up, shoot well at the wood hope you all

Have a good day, we're of to garlands.

Latest posts

Back