What does Fac stand for on browning guns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broster1998

Can someone explain to me what FAC stands for on browning guns . From what I can see there is two models of the same gun but one is fac and one is not . Can someone explain

Can someone explain to me what FAC stands for on browning guns . From what I can see there is two models of the same gun but one is fac and one is not . Can someone explain
Need a bit more info. What type/model are you talking about?
If it's an auto it may be the type of licence required in the uk due to magazine capacity.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I thought that an FAC shotgun is one that required a firearms certificate (e.g, semi auto/pump shotgun that has a magazine capacity that isn't restricted, or something with barrels less than 24").

Non FAC shotguns are ones that are covered by a standard shotgun certificate (over under, side by side, semis and pumps with magazines crimped/restricted to 2+1 etc)

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I thought that an FAC shotgun is one that required a firearms certificate (e.g, semi auto/pump shotgun that has a magazine capacity that isn't restricted, or something with barrels less than 24").

Non FAC shotguns are ones that are covered by a standard shotgun certificate (over under, side by side, semis and pumps with magazines crimped/restricted to 2+1 etc)
Your spot on👍

Latest posts

Back