what have I missed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True Charlie very true

oh and its not true that everyone in the world speaks English they don't which is a shame as my French is very poor.

Menge tu & ooh la la is as good as it gets.

True Charlie very true

oh and its not true that everyone in the world speaks English they don't which is a shame as my French is very poor.

Menge tu & ooh la la is as good as it gets.
very glad you didn't opt for the third vowel there :biggrin:

Apparently you and me are now honorary Dorset boys and were going to Spain to shoot something called Jalwoponga.

Les knows what it's called if I got it wrong.

Seen Les's new boots and jeans. Very nice.

Not as good as mine tho.

Rosso

ah yes just seen the thread re footwear ... No idea what Spain has to do with a perfectly good foot wear topic though.

Never shot abroad but if we are now dorset crew then we will just have to go were we are told.

It was in 'Shooting Spain' post.

As usuall Les led it off topic with going on about his new boots, his maroon camo blouse etc.

I did my best to keep it on topic but failed miserably.

Les was having lots of digs at you in this post and me to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep i saw it, you lot won't miss an opportunity to have a dig :)

I chose not to take tablet or mobile as past experience was spending precious time talking to folk about work even though they know i am on hols so this time decided to be in cognitio.

Back to work tomorrow oh what joy. Not.

Just back fron the southwest ips, Les country, two days at Gidleigh Park with the unbelievable sunken Devon lanes. Stopped at Summer Lodge on the way back the one we can never afford when at southern counties struck gold the best sommelier I've ever come across matched 8 wines from 8 countries with 8 courses perfect temperatures the lot and then they told me he was leaving three days later for london. Dropped in at the ground with guests as we left - the usual two people on the layouts for a saturday morning. This could be the last time.

Fd

8 wines 8 courses wow,

I had one of the best pizzas i have ever had in villefrance but i am not going to tell you about it now as i feel somewhat common by comparison :)

I dunno.  What's the big deal with matching wines by some itinerant peddler?  I mean, red or white?  Right?  How hard can that be?

Was there a matching wine with the pizza?   That's an exotic foreign dish in France, innit?  So how common is that?  I say, ips scores!

:fans:

I reckon ips did better - I'll have to sell the car now. Shot the French Grand Prix at Antibes in '79 and will never forget - face to face with the Carrega. Learned a lot about French people in tourist areas as well.

Charlie

funny you should mention wine as in white or red with said pizza as we ordered a rose for a change and i have to say i am converted more flavour than most white unless its a really really good one and more refreshing than a red.

Average restaurant price for wine was 20-30 euro but we paid 4 euro from a shop but it was only acceptable to put on your fries.

Provence is renowned for Rose wine.  I should know I had a holiday down there when I left school and stayed on paying through earning by picking grapes during the vendange.  The red wine grapes are foul to eat but the rose grapes were fabulous to eat under the roasting sun.  The mid-morning and mid-afternoon drinks were 1/5 pastis and 4/5 water!  You drunk it and within minutes you were thirstier than before the drink.  Cotes de Provence is the most famous of the south of france rose wines. I didn't want to see a grape let alone eat one for years after that!

Charlie

funny you should mention wine as in white or red with said pizza as we ordered a rose for a change and i have to say i am converted more flavour than most white unless its a really really good one and more refreshing than a red.

Average restaurant price for wine was 20-30 euro but we paid 4 euro from a shop but it was only acceptable to put on your fries.
Nah.....now come on Ian.......Pizza or Curry needs BEER!!!!!  Or lager if one is a lager lout like I am these days!!! A Welsh mate of mine got me onto Cardiff Curry a few years back.....basically it's a curry covering a plate of chips, all topped off with grated Cheddar!!! Normally washed down with a pint or two of lager of some sort. 

A Welsh mate of mine got me onto Cardiff Curry a few years back.....basically it's a curry covering a plate of chips, all topped off with grated Cheddar!!! Normally washed down with a pint or two of lager of some sort. 
Ha! Ha! You fell for that old chestnut? Les, that was a plate of vomit. Washed down with lager and anything would be devoid of taste.

That's the first thing they do when they spot the Englishman abroad after you cross the bridge. Did you not find them laughing at you?  :sarcastic:

I think mike is correct mate, sounds chuffing orrible.

PS

I don't drink beer or lager its for the common working classes my pallet is more refined :)

Ha! Ha! You fell for that old chestnut? Les, that was a plate of vomit. Washed down with lager and anything would be devoid of taste.

That's the first thing they do when they spot the Englishman abroad after you cross the bridge. Did you not find them laughing at you?  :sarcastic:
(in case you go to Canada)

What's that?

Poutine.

Well, it looks like vomit and I'm not poutine it in my mouth!

Latest posts

Back