Wildenberg (Holland)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norre

Today a college and I went clayshooting at the Wildenberg in Holland.

We both are total beginners. I only tried it twice before (last year) and my college had never shot any clays before in his life.

We went to the range where we got a proper introduction (how to hold the gun, how to stand, etc ...) and then it was action time.

We shot 25 clays each with a Browning Grand Prix Sporter demo gun. I don't know anything about O/U shotguns but it felt nice.

Easy aiming, nice trigger but also a little heavy. Are all shotguns so heavy? The first few shots I didn't feel but after 20 shots I started to feel the weight.

Anyway, we each got to shoot 5 incoming, 5 outgoing, 5 sideways (right to left), 5 going up (high) and 5 ground (rabbit) clays.

Our coach gave real good instructions because we both hit some clays. I hit 14 of the 25 clays.

Not great, but good enough for a beginner.

Without his instructions we would have probably missed them all.

The most difficult ones where the high ones going up. We both only hit a 1/5 on that one.

After the shooting we went to the clubhouse and ordered lunch.

We had a great time and we both are looking forward to the next time.

Here are some pics:

A view from the clubhouse looking outside:

1.jpg

My college and the instructor:

2.jpg

Me and the instructor:

4.jpg

The clubhouse:

5.jpg

One of the many ranges (not the one we used):

6.jpg

Hope I didn't bore you guys with my "review".

Bye,

KN

Looks a tidy ground!

The gun will feel lighter as time goes on because you will get used to it. Also you will not hold it up for as long when experienced.

Enjoy

CSC3

Nice pictures Norre. Glen (a GBR shooter) shoots there and has done write ups on here about the ground. You may bump into him at sometime. He lives in Germany but also shoots with friends in Holland as well.

Keep trying to learn to shoot. It is a great sport.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.

Clayshooting is indeed a great sport. But also a difficult one. Perfect for me ... I like a little challenge ;-)

@Glen: thanks for your pm. I wanted to reply but I can't because I don't have 50 posts yet. It seems you can only use the pm when the 50 posts treshold is passed. If you pm me your emailaddress I can reply ;-)

Latest posts

Back