Another Newbie

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernest

Afternoon all from a not so sunny Berkshire!

I'm fairly new to shooting and trying to get all the info that I canto expand the grey matter on the subject, so you will have to forgive the novice questions for the obvious answers......

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

I am Maidenhead way, welcome.

TONS of advice for Newbies on here, including a standard list of hints to avoid us all repeating it. Matt.. you're on..

Welcome aboard - other side of Maidenhead for me - enjoy ShootClay - any questions, please let me know - standard newbie FAQ (lighthearted but factual):

1. Get £2000

2. Buy a £650 Mirook/Browning/Beretta/Hatstand (delete as appropriate)

3. Spend £350 on lessons with (insert list of local shooting instructors who aren't weirdos here)

4. Spend £1000 on Hull/Eley/GameBore/Clever/Fiocchi/Cheddite/Other red lead based cartridges (delete as appropriate)

5. Don't touch your chokes or your cartridges until you score 80 or above

6. Do/Don't join an association (you decide)

7. Do/Don't shoot registered (you decide)

8. Come back here every so often and get some light hearted abuse

9. Please buy a polo shirt from this
shop

10. Have I missed anything?

Small world this, I'm Bracknell way.

First question then seeing as there are locals amongst us. Where is the best place, for the fairest price, to get cartridges around Berkshire ?

Cartridges depend on what can be found locally. I would advise that you use light loads, probably 21g stuff at first. Emmett and Stone in Marlow had some Express. It is a case of ringing around for what you are after..

Thanks for the replies all.

Started it up in april with my father in law who has been shooting for years and love it. Think the wife may have moved down to second place now.....

Welcome aboard - other side of Maidenhead for me - enjoy ShootClay - any questions, please let me know - standard newbie FAQ (lighthearted but factual):

1. Get £2000

2. Buy a £650 Mirook/Browning/Beretta/Hatstand (delete as appropriate)

3. Spend £350 on lessons with (insert list of local shooting instructors who aren't weirdos here)

4. Spend £1000 on Hull/Eley/GameBore/Clever/Fiocchi/Cheddite/Other red lead based cartridges (delete as appropriate)

5. Don't touch your chokes or your cartridges until you score 80 or above

6. Do/Don't join an association (you decide)

7. Do/Don't shoot registered (you decide)

8. Come back here every so often and get some light hearted abuse

9. Please buy a polo shirt from this shop

10. Have I missed anything?
only the clays :smile:

Latest posts

Back