armed police

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Police and the Fire Service are the only people in the entire cosmos who would (a) see any merit in making such a pointlessly trivial change of terminology and (b) still getting it wrong. Everyone, everywhere outside of those 2 services uses the word "accident". Quite correctly so as that's exactly what it is, an accident, simply because no normal person deliberately causes a collision. Ergo: it happened accidentally.
Like 'Accidently' jumping red traffic lights, like 'Accidently' pulling out in front of another vehicle, like 'Accidently' driving too close to the vehicle in front, like 'Accidently' driving too fast for the road conditions and colliding head on with an oncoming vehicle,  'Accidently' driving having consumed too much alcohol  ?   Oh, I see, I think I get it now  !  not sure if I arrived at this conclusion 'Accidently'  or not  ?  In my experience most 'normal' people lose their normality  once they get into a vehicle, maybe if we can change that we will see a decrease in collisions................sorry er 'Accidents' !,  

Like 'Accidently' jumping red traffic lights, like 'Accidently' pulling out in front of another vehicle, like 'Accidently' driving too close to the vehicle in front, like 'Accidently' driving too fast for the road conditions and colliding head on with an oncoming vehicle,  'Accidently' driving having consumed too much alcohol  ?   Oh, I see, I think I get it now  !  not sure if I arrived at this conclusion 'Accidently'  or not  ?  In my experience most 'normal' people lose their normality  once they get into a vehicle, maybe if we can change that we will see a decrease in collisions................sorry er 'Accidents' !,  
Yes all the above. Apart from a few insurance scammers, no one has a collision deliberately, but mistakes do get made, misjudgements get made, impatience is commonplace, lack of attention happens, medical emergencies happen and sometimes an unexpected tyre failure occurs or a truck launches a rock through the windscreen. The only appropriate all embracing descriptive word in the English language is "Accident".

The Police and the Fire Service are the only people in the entire cosmos who would (a) see any merit in making such a pointlessly trivial change of terminology and (b) still getting it wrong. Everyone, everywhere outside of those 2 services uses the word "accident". Quite correctly so as that's exactly what it is, an accident, simply because no normal person deliberately causes a collision. Ergo: it happened accidentally.
Dunno about the police, but nothing to do with the fire service changing it fella. We just got told to do so for legal reasons by other areas. Don't think the fire service actually give a toss what it was called unless you're a full on legal nerd. :)  

Dunno about the police, but nothing to do with the fire service changing it fella. We just got told to do so for legal reasons by other areas. Don't think the fire service actually give a toss what it was called unless you're a full on legal nerd. :)  
Are you here to make a valid contribution to the debate are you just arson about?

badumtish. I’ll get my coat 😬

Can the mods add a cow's arse option to the like button?? :)
So you think your comments need a more appropriate evaluation?

Looks to me like vehicles are a danger to society and should be banned - and they have been used for terrorist attacks so there is no question that eliminating them would be beneficial for dealing with that as well

Latest posts

Back