Bagging time

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
come on guys wake up, you don't go from 90's to 70's that is falsifying your score
Well I am not a top shot but I guess I am a good old sandbagger if that's the criteria for one, as I have gone from a 91 to a 65 in the same cut off. You cannot make assumptions in sporting just from scores.
In fact in chronological order a snap shot of my weekly scores were 85, 81, 77, 80,91,68,81,65

I cannot explain the 68 nor the 91, the 65 was a stiff shoot but not that stiff, the 91 was not an easy shoot as I was 6 clear of 2nd place, the 68 was not a particularly hard shoot as my class was won on 85.

It's the world of sporting for an inconsistent shot like me who does occasionally shoot well. But in no way do I throw my scores, I got 68 as I shot like a tool even though I tried my hardest not too but the harder I tried the worse I shot.

So how are you going to differentiate between me and those who you claim to be baggers. On just scores alone I am guilty as charged all for the princely winnings of £40 class win.

In that case I'm king bagger.

High score 88.3 low 59 in the last six months.

Ballsed it up though as I will go up to A.

Doh!

My maths must suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has to be give and take over the scores at shoots.  

Some shoots are easier than others and some are quite hard.

In addition to that the variety of targets within a shoot can affect scores significantly.

If you get too great a proportion of certain targets that you are no good at your score will suck

Similarly if the targets suit you more then you will do better.

Suggestions:-

Perhaps anytime anyone wins a class at a registered shoot with a score above the average for the class above then perhaps that should mean automatic promotion - that is what would happen at county shoots in small-bore, but with small-bore we can have both a national classification and a local classification with the local one being higher than the national one.  Obviously that complexity would not fit with the current CPSA system.

As to the national classification the top 10% get promoted and the bottom 10% in each class get demoted regardless of the actual scores - it could easily be 25% or whatever is required.

Maybe you just have a big list and cut-off each class in appropriate places.

If we could change the system then we could get to own the next software system!

Robert, that happens every week, we would all be in AAA inside a month.

Sandbagging- I genuinely DON'T think it exists for the aforementioned reasons- the numbers don't stack up.

I think some people just like having a moan.

Ignore them and press on!

Sandbagging- I genuinely DON'T think it exists for the aforementioned reasons- the numbers don't stack up.

I think some people just like having a moan.

Ignore them and press on!
You need to get out more. Perhaps if you AAA shots weren't lumped into AA moving up from A wouldn't be so bad.

Robert, that happens every week, we would all be in AAA inside a month.
Not if the shoots were harder and practise on the saturday was stopped. i've known 100 skeet in windy conditions won on lower scores than some sporting shoots of late

In the nature of averages, people are going to shoot above their average to counter act the times they shoot below their average. so its obvious classes are going to be won on above average scores.

I shot a B class score today at the first shoot of a new period. I just need to wait a whole year, not shoot registered again and bingo. I'm B class.

See you all December 2015.

In the nature of averages, people are going to shoot above their average to counter act the times they shoot below their average. so its obvious classes are going to be won on above average scores.
#
Exactly the point I have tried to make many times however I have to admit your version makes more sense than any of my written attempts.

Hence classes are nonesence as there never won with a class score.

I shot a B class score today at the first shoot of a new period. I just need to wait a whole year, not shoot registered again and bingo. I'm B class.

What a fab idea Will, I am off somewere windy on sunday have to check out the BBC weather tonight and pick my area.

Nope!!! Your 'B class score' would be dropped and you'd still be AA after next classification period starts, then in 12 months your 'B class score' would kick in dropping you 1 class maximum, leaving you in A class...then you'd need to shoot another B class score to bag it into B!!! ;)

Nope!!! Your 'B class score' would be dropped and you'd still be AA after next classification period starts, then in 12 months your 'B class score' would kick in dropping you 1 class maximum, leaving you in A class...then you'd need to shoot another B class score to bag it into B!!! ;)
Quite correct. Oh well.. Might as well just keep shooting then. :)

So really this target management is not as easy as it first appears to be. Seems to me that its harder to manage a score / target than to hit the ruddy thing.

Also you have to shoot a minimum of 300 targets to move down a class but only 100 to move up so remember to shoot another 2 B class scores if you do decide to implement your master plan.  :spiteful: ...

I admit to 'sandbagging' constantly. It's the only legitimate way I can explain my crap scores :oops:

DT

Sorry folks just read this , well most of it anyway

Firstly recording scores as you pay your entry fee Allison enters you onto the shoot 08 programme then at the end of the day if a card is not handed back it appears as a zero at the Cpsa . This works well but for some grounds still write the entries into a book first then if a card don't come in it is rubbed off and the shooter becomes a ghost and as such never shot that comp .

The Cpsa have asked us several times to take the scores off the master card , my answer was we haven't got time to do this so once a month I will send them all through so they can do it , so hence they send letters out now for zero scores

Secondly , the term sand bagging , over the last 10 years I have probably run as many reg shoots as any one going and can tell you I have seen it all , shooting the sky , moon , grass and anything else rather than the clay but it's the shooters decision whether they want to waste their shells and money so it does happen and until we have a fool proof method of working classes it will always happen , but please be rest assured it doesn't only happen to stay down a class it also happens to protect AAA status or protect a high average !!

To bin a card to protect aaa status or to protect a high average to stay put.

Or.

If scores drop, cards are put in and you go down a class you then get accused of bagging.

So what's to be done?

Just asking.

Latest posts

Back