Beretta World Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleBarrelledDon

Was down at the new venue today, a very pleasant place it is too!  BE WARNED if your sat nav tries to take you into the village, as did mine this morning do NOT follow it as there are road closures for resurfacing and you will probably getting rather shouty......... Instead approach on the A32 as per your entry info from GMK, though do be aware that the signs on the A32 for the turning are a bit teensy.

As far as the ground is concerned make sure you take plenty of hydration, it was hot and sticky there today and its supposed to get hotter as the weekend goes on.  Be prepared for a 15-20 minute walk if you happen to be off to the end of the course, though the ground is dry so this year at least wellies wont be needed!  It seems like a long trek round but i'm assured by the team that its actually 100 yards less walking than at Meon.

As far as targets are concerned its a good mix, though those that love driven will be disappointed as there aren't any!  The whole course is very shootable, but I wont go into too much detail for obvious reasons. Prepare to get beaten by angle rather than distance and I wouldn't fancy going round it with a 34 inch fitted with full and full. I shot cylinder and quarter and I wasn't underchoked at any point.  Some nice clever presentations that can easily be misread, nothing silly at all with a few gimmes thrown in to add a few smiles though there are a couple of stands that could be card wreckers (well they were for me anyway!.)

All in all a very enjoyable round, a different flavour and style to Meon but very good nonetheless, oh and before anyone mutters that such and such a target on stand XX should have been blaze rather than white the course setters have their hands tied as they are limited to using only black and white clays by the estate.

Pack your suntan cream, bug spray, plenty of water and a few smiles! enjoy!

As promised I said I would comment about the shoot when I got back this evening.

Well Don summed it up perfectly. If the organisers do not tweek it overnight which they said they would not be doing, I can see it being a high scoring shoot. Something there for everyone, enjoy. 

Totally agree. one possible two stands needed a bit of choke other wise I shot all the way through with quarter and skeet. Today was bloody warm and quite frankly by the end I was totally sh***ed. Only consolation was a cracking ice cream  to help with recovery.

I reckon the top shots could put in a 117/118 quite easily.

Anyone know where the full results are posted? The scores from Friday were on the GMK Beretta World site, on Friday evening. Just the placing for 1st, 2nd,3rd up now?? (Or perhaps I'm gone blind from the sun :cool:

Shot the Beretta Worlds today .Well done everyone concerned with putting this great event .The venue was superb as were the targets and food available.Thanks for a great shoot . Webster  

Latest posts

Back