Berettaworld 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian Croft

I have just got back from Berettaworld to watch some friends shoot, I am shooting this tommorrow and all I can say is I am not holding out many hopes for even a half decent score, out of 15 traps 10 were hard and 5 were just ridiculously hard, the guys I were watching were A class and coming off some traps with nothing or maybe a 1..!

I hope someone comes along and fill us in with what was on each trap as I am still a newbie..!

Here's looking forward to a huge challenge tommorrow.!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There was quiet a long way off, a few a long way up going across, there was fast ones in tight spaces and a lot edge on, one that I can remember was a green clay edge on coming in through the trees, hard to spot.

The lads I was with are late 80s/100 in normal sporting at Southdown and getting between 60 to early 80s out of 120 here..!

Southdown, high gun 112, well major respect for that..!

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked the beretta up for the first time in 9/10 months today just to shoot this.

I didn't think there was anything to daunting out there at all, as usual it was the knob behind the gun.To me a lot of the tagets just needed good gun speed.

To many got away because i didnt read them right,and going in with a plan only to change it just before shooting,shooting sim pairs the wrong way.

Finished on 86/120 which i'm happy with as i say haven't shot with the beretta for ages and dropped back to 30" barrels from 32".

I thought that it was a tad easier than last years.

I think someone may put in a 116. Our standards are very high nowadays, sadly many of the better shots are tied by sponsorship to shoot melted down Messerschmidt bits. 

But I just hope everyone has fine weather and they really enjoy themselves. Some very good target presentations and it is very easy to misread some targets which will result in unexplainable (at the time) misses.

Tiptop,

I thought it was a tad easier than last year.

A tad easier to miss !

First time to shoot it here and thought it was quite hard, as everyone has said let too many easy ones away but had two really cruel stands that cost me 11 birds between them. Thought the green clay presentations in the wood with dappled sunlight was just rediculus but I believe this was a stipulation from the estate that no blaze were to be used. Enjoyed the shoot but boy did you need to work for it, same feeling from all my squad. As for how it run, booking in smooth as clockwork, toilets well spread around the course and trap delays on only one stand and think this was due to squads shooting out of sequence. Stand directions could be marked out unless you are a map pathfinder and. No water round the course. As for overall the targets were testing, not impossible but good luck to anyone shooting it at the weekend, now to get painkillers, anyone know any good remedies for carpel tunnel problems as I can't feel my hand

First time to shoot it here and thought it was quite hard, as everyone has said let too many easy ones away but had two really cruel stands that cost me 11 birds between them. Thought the green clay presentations in the wood with dappled sunlight was just rediculus but I believe this was a stipulation from the estate that no blaze were to be used. Enjoyed the shoot but boy did you need to work for it, same feeling from all my squad. As for how it run, booking in smooth as clockwork, toilets well spread around the course and trap delays on only one stand and think this was due to squads shooting out of sequence. Stand directions could be marked out unless you are a map pathfinder and. No water round the course. As for overall the targets were testing, not impossible but good luck to anyone shooting it at the weekend, now to get painkillers, anyone know any good remedies for carpel tunnel problems as I can't feel my hand
Hi Mark what did you ended on today? :)

I shot this today. I thought there was a good selection of targets, fast, slow, close and at range. Some stands had a real good mix of these and you had to work for the targets, no real gimmies anywhere on the course, which is quite right for a comp.

I managed 87/100 with my recently acquired 682. All in all a great day out.

Latest posts

Back