Berettaworld 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overnight leader is on 112. In C class!!!! FFS what an absolute joke. I know every dog has his day but that's nothing short of scandalous....... Good luck to the guy on posting an excellent score but it does make a complete mockery of the CPSA's Classification system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot Friday morning and we had some glorious weather . I don't know what the weather is like the weekend because I'm out the country but if it's warm again then take plenty of water . I shot poorly but I'm a novice and I really enjoyed the whole occasion . I thought the targets were testing but not ridiculous . And as a beginner , (coming up to a year) It was great watching a chap in our group shoot 112 and seeing how he went about things . Good luck to everyone taking part .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Overnight leader is on 112. In C class!!!! FFS what an absolute joke. I know every dog has his day but that's nothing short of scandalous....... Good luck to the guy on posting an excellent score but it does make a complete mockery of the CPSA's Classification system.
There are 2  S.Whitelocks in the comp. 1 AAA shot 72 ???? the other C class shot 112 ???? to be over night leader. Both have only shot 1 120 bird esp comp to get a classification :rtfm:  . If they haven't got them the wrong way round then that deserves a big...... GO ON YOU SANDBAGGER. :goodjob:

There are 2  S.Whitelocks in the comp. 1 AAA shot 72 ???? the other C class shot 112 ???? to be over night leader. Both have only shot 1 120 bird esp comp to get a classification :rtfm:  . If they haven't got them the wrong way round then that deserves a big...... GO ON YOU SANDBAGGER. :goodjob:
That might explain it then "Admin Error" sounds like a more realistic reason..

Shot it today, fell down the stairs with my gun under my right shoulder injuring it was not the start I needed! struggled all day don't know what I ended on, refused to count it up and just wrote it off as a bad day!

I tend to agree that green clay inbound with the sunlight hindering any vision you could have on the target was just stupid after all it's a shooting competition not a spot the target competition!

Shot this today and scored 92 in B class which I didn't think was to bad until I looked at the scoreboard, 112 in C class you are having a laugh. Turns out the bloke who shot this is Steve whitelock who apparently won this event once and was AAA at one time.

Fair play for shooting the score, but to stand on the podium in front of all those people tomorrow and pick up 1st in C and probably high gun will take some balls

When I left I was joint 1st in B and a mate who's a very good AAA scrambled 103,, even Chris childerhouse only managed 96 so that will tell what it was like.

If the organisers give this bloke any prizes I think it would discredit the shoot itself and competition shooting in general.

Shot this today and scored 92 in B class which I didn't think was to bad until I looked at the scoreboard, 112 in C class you are having a laugh. Turns out the bloke who shot this is Steve whitelock who apparently won this event once and was AAA at one time.

Fair play for shooting the score, but to stand on the podium in front of all those people tomorrow and pick up 1st in C and probably high gun will take some balls

When I left I was joint 1st in B and a mate who's a very good AAA scrambled 103,, even Chris childerhouse only managed 96 so that will tell what it was like.

If the organisers give this bloke any prizes I think it would discredit the shoot itself and competition shooting in general.
I bet your glad your in B and not in C class

Errr just a question,

If Steve Whitelock is in C class , did he get there using the system correctly and if so what has he done wrong?

If he wins with 112 good luck to him, but don't blame him for a system that may be flawed.

If this is the Whitelock then known ability should come into play, I bet he'll insist on it anyway.

Well I went back yesterday morning after watching Friday, I was actually stood behind you Evo queuing up to get the numbers when you was saying about falling over.?

To be honest I thought I had nothing to lose and would just enjoy the day, still amazed some of our group were coming off stands with zero. I shot a 56, no zeros which I was pleased about, not bad since I only started Jan/ Feb this year.!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Salopian , mr whitelock's done nothing wrong, he paid his entry just like the rest of us and he must be a damned fine shot

I take my hat off to anyone who can shoot a score like that

If it turns out that there has not been an admin mistake, would he go up to B at the next classification or bypass all to go to AAA ?

I only ask this cos I don't know

If not an admin mistake, he has somehow fallen through the classification net ( through no fault of his own) and I feel this could be an embarrassment for beretta and the cpsa because it is one of the majors and a ( special) CPSA reg event

Salopian , mr whitelock's done nothing wrong, he paid his entry just like the rest of us and he must be a damned fine shot

I take my hat off to anyone who can shoot a score like that

If it turns out that there has not been an admin mistake, would he go up to B at the next classification or bypass all to go to AAA ?

I only ask this cos I don't know

If not an admin mistake, he has somehow fallen through the classification net ( through no fault of his own) and I feel this could be an embarrassment for beretta and the cpsa because it is one of the majors and a ( special) CPSA reg event
I understood that the beretta worlds is an open shoot,not a cpsa registered event. Am i wrong?

Hi, think you'll find this is an admin error, but yes if that was the case you do bypass classes on the way up if the maths work out but can only drop 1 class every 12 months regardless of wether it works on paper you would in theory be lower. I won my class one year and was didn't even know it was a registered but yes, cpsa class it as a special registered and it will add to your averages which for this year worked out spot on for me in my class and the way I'm shooting at the moment

Steve is a gentleman and certainly no sandbagger, he will put it right I am 100% certain!

Well I went back yesterday morning after watching Friday, I was actually stood behind you Evo queuing up to get the numbers when you was saying about falling over.? To be honest I thought I had nothing to lose and would just enjoy the day, still amazed some of our group were coming off stands with zero. I shot a 56, no zeros which I was pleased about, not bad since I only started Jan/ Feb this year.! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I still enjoyed it, a bad days shooting is better than a good day at work!! the young lad in our squad (14) shot his arse off and beat us all, well done on the score I would have took that after 6 months of shooting I thought a few times I was going to get a smiley face but I managed to avoid it! some people were telling me it was harder last year apparently and that there were givens out there well in my opinion the only given or easy clay is the one thats smashed on the deck! 

I understood that the beretta worlds is an open shoot,not a cpsa registered event. Am i wrong?
Think it's called a CPSA special event , so scores will count towards your averages. Looking at the main of the scores it seems that the top shots in their respective classes were about right for their cpsa average ( class)

Well shot Ashley.
Thanks mark, hope the beretta is working out for you and you stick with it, glad I didn't sell you mine as it seems to suit me better than I first thought, had the beretta mechanic look at it yesterday and he recommended having a complete overhaul at the factory,When I get the chance I will send it to them, but my shooting Callander is full at the moment up till the end of September, hope nothing breaks in the meantime

All the best Ashley

Latest posts

Back