Bore snake, does it wash?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

I have a boresnake, had it a while and needless to say its getting rather "dirty" have any of you that have one ever cleaned it, if so how?

Yes M8 it does. Stick it in a separate laundry net and lob it in on a hot wash. Will scrub up like new.

Steve

I chucked mine in sink and used some fairy on it rinsed it out and dried on a rad brushes are bronze so didn't rust come fairly clean

Silence the competition.......

www.proshock.co.uk

SoR said,

' used some fairy on it '

I didn't realise Growl had been to your house?      

Soak mine in an old washing up bowl filled with hot water with a dishwasher tablet dissolved in it, comes up a treat. I have 2 so they're done on a sort of rotation.

Boresnakes are another American convenience tool for lazy people.

Many guns are affectionately known by ladies names and benefit like ladies by being looked after correctly every time they are taken out by being  kept clean and  given a serious rodding.

Use a trouser snake. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one once string snapped after about 2 moths, load of rubbish. Full length mop is the future.

Boresnakes are OK for a quick clean through but that's all. There's other threads on this and other websites where their performance characteristics are discussed in great detail...

I put mine in a bottle with warm water and washing up powder.  Then I shake it like a Martini.  Comes up good as new and does not get me shouted at by the wife for making the washing machine smell.

WP_20131108_20_22_57_Pro.jpg

Are you sure it's better shaken not stirred?  :biggrin:

washed mine for the first time this year and it´s come up like new.....but the string is starting to fall/tear off. :shout:

I just don't get this. You do your gun cleaning (not very well) then you are left with cleaning to do, of the cleaning kit.

It's like that Napier paper that is double sided. What a faff and doesn't work well for either function. Gimmicky bodge..

I have cleaned my boresnake once.

Soaked in hot water with laundry detergent in an old plastic container. Then rinsed and hung to dry. It cleaned up well.

Funny thing, I havent used it since. I prefer using a cleaning rod which I find more effective.

Latest posts

Back