Browning shotguns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm.... it's a Vincent Black Shadow and it could leak oil on my driveway any time it likes ;-)

And this man had one called Armageddon :)
A Black shadow indeed and in perfect condition you would pay £40.000 upwards so if anyone had one years ago and sold it to buy a Cortina then feel free to start kicking your heels :spiteful:   Ogri that takes me back a few years "now whatever happened to that fizzy" :sarcastic:

Let us get one thing straight and crystal clear. The Germans & Japanese are not as good as British craftsmen.

Where they have succeeded is in investment in new technology and a work ethic.
Honda were developing all the time and had a 250cc 6 cylinder race bike in 1966 which would rev to 15-16,000rpm, watch the clip near the end. hmm what did we have?

http://youtu.be/eaRop_ZMwo0

Okay Technoids, if you like NOISE, find a clip of the engine sound of the MATRA Simca F1 engine as run by Ligier F1 Team . Wow, that made your ears bleed. Not seen one for years, does anyone own or run one in historic F1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Technoids, if you like NOISE, find a clip of the engine sound of the MATRA Simca F1 engine as run by Ligier F1 Team . Wow, that made your ears bleed. Not seen one for years, does anyone own or run one in historic F1?
Awesome sound I have it in my mental library, I believe that engine was also in an Osella FA1 for a while. Sounds like thick cotton being torn to shreds inside a large smiths crisp tin, coming out of a huge bank of Marshal amps.  I would also go for the motor racing answer on the pub question. It's accepted on a very limited number of days in a year though. All real race cars make lots of noise.

How did we get from Brownings to bikes :laugh:
I think it was my fault :)

Andy S What a machine as ridden by the late great Mike Hailwood! I am not going to knock what the British can do because we do make some great stuff but when it comes to bikes I really don't think anybody can hold a candle to the Japanese and that includes the Italian manuf's. Any ways I started on about my Browning and how much I like it, as Tony the tiger says its grrrreat! Not going to talk about bikes any more unless....... :)

Answer to Pub Quiz question:-      Hawkestone Park & Hodnet,    Motocross World famous venue & Shooting ground, separated by a single strand of barbed wire.

Answer to Pub Quiz question:-      Hawkestone Park & Hodnet,    Motocross World famous venue & Shooting ground, separated by a single strand of barbed wire.
Southern Counties too mate. Major Kart circuit over the fence. My first experience of being peppered with falling shot was while sat on dummy grid in 1978.

Norton.....the great British oil leak :laugh: :laugh:

Aye, but my Royal Enfield Crusader could beat ANY other bike made by anyone in any Country when talking of oil leaks, the bloody thing lost more engine oil than the engine used fuel. Never ever did any kind of oil change on it, it lost that much, every ride was an oil change. It smelled wonderful though when it got warm, that oily/petrol perfume that only leaky old bikes have. Fond memories.

And my 2stroke Ariel Leader, that had to have the plugs cleaned, EVERY 20 BLOODY MILES. God, how we loved our bikes so much, I'll never know.

Off topic now - sorry guys.

Phil* 

Browning is american company, the orginal b25 designed guns are made in custom house in liege belgium.

Years ago miroku copied the b25 design and made cheaper alternatives, they were that good that browning bought miroku and let them make all of the lower end stuff for them, these were all the models with a removable forend generally.

The top end stuff with sliding forend (true b25's) still come out of belgium. Or thays how i believe it to be.

So...if I chose to buy a Miroku...when I'm ready, I take it that would be a very good choice then? ...just trying to narrow down the field. ( this is weird..me and my wife are going to Lincon for a couple of days shortly. Any good Gun shops there I could have browse in?

Yeah Miroku/ Browning is top quality gear, can't go wrong really. Don't think there's any directly in Lincoln, there's Derek Lee gunsmiths at Tumby, well worth a look at their website. MGR guns at woodhall spa, Paul Taylor at Kexby. I've bough all mine from Derek Lee's.

Latest posts

Back