Browning shotguns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend of mine had a speed boat back in the 60's with a stage 2 Coventry Climax engine in it, Boy did that thing go!! Remember chasing cormorants up the River Teighn in it with a 5 shot Franchi. In those days there was a bounty on them because of the damage that they did to fish stocks.

My how things have changed in the past 50 years.
Aaahh....Franchi! They made some nice guns at one time. A mate of mine had a Franchi "Barrage" trap gun, lovely bit of kit that was. In fact someone once told me that Ian Peel even used one many moons ago, but I don't know if it's true though.

Friend of mine had a speed boat back in the 60's with a stage 2 Coventry Climax engine in it, Boy did that thing go!! Remember chasing cormorants up the River Teighn in it with a 5 shot Franchi. In those days there was a bounty on them because of the damage that they did to fish stocks.

I almost live within spitting distance of the Newton Abbot end of the River Teign.  Can't believe that this sort of thing used to go on!   :lol:

God knows what would happen if you did it now.  They'd probably call in an RAF strike to stop you.

Things get aeriated enough if you exceed 5 knots until you have left the Ness going out to sea!  

Exceeding 5 knots in the river unless water skiing in the designated area up river would be regarded as heresy!

Just seen this the hairs on back of neck are still tingling.

I almost live within spitting distance of the Newton Abbot end of the River Teign. Can't believe that this sort of thing used to go on! :lol:

God knows what would happen if you did it now. They'd probably call in an RAF strike to stop you.

Things get aeriated enough if you exceed 5 knots until you have left the Ness going out to sea!

Exceeding 5 knots in the river unless water skiing in the designated area up river would be regarded as heresy!
Did you also know that it is technically an offence to fly the Union Jack on any moving boat? :eek: even if its just messing about on the river.....or canal....saw that on the telly once. So blasting a cormorant or two too smithereens these days would be practically a hanging offence....remember when that Cormorant was pictured in all the news papers covered in oil when Saddam Hussein released all that oil into the sea during the first Gulf War.....well..Saddam's not laughing now...is he? :D serves him bloody well right an all ! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back