Browning shotguns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 725 is very Beretta-like...slim etc...but nobody makes a Beretta, like Beretta...so look at a Beretta, perhaps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a MK38 and in my humble opinion it's got to be one of the best buys out there, went thorough the proof house in Belgium,  I had a MK70 which  was a little low for me so instead of paying to have it altered I PX it for a new MK38 adjustable stock trap , I have never shot sporting better, I swear it goes where you point it, after my ramblings whats the Browning equivalent to the MK38 , the MK70 was the 525. 

I still like the Tiger Cub and yes down the rd in a cloud of blue smoke . what happened to two stroke 

Last edited by a moderator:
The 725 is very Beretta-like...slim etc...but nobody makes a Beretta, like Beretta...so look at a Beretta, perhaps :)
Tried a couple when I first started shooting last year, and just didn't get on with them.
Maybe the 725 is too much like a Beretta and I don't get on with that either.
Maybe a year on I should try them again.

I have never shot sporting better, I swear it goes where you point it, after my ramblings whats the Browning equivalent to the MK38 , the MK70 was the 525. 
I thought the 525 was closer to the MK38 rather than MK70?

I have a mkII 525 and i belive it to be a better package than an mk38, i love the game scene engraving on a grade 1, half decent wood, adjustable trigger blade, stainless steel invector plus chokes and ventilated mid rib. Whats not to like? :)

I have a mkII 525 and i belive it to be a better package than an mk38, i love the game scene engraving on a grade 1, half decent wood, adjustable trigger blade, stainless steel invector plus chokes and ventilated mid rib. Whats not to like? :)
the price difference  :money:

Well I've got 'em both, and like them both.  My regular go to is the mirook, but the 525 just feels nice to shoot, grade 3 wood and a nice scene on it.

Interesting thread,   covers just about everything :)

I fancy a browning cynergy, i think the looks are stunning, 

Mind you , that said, it wouldnt be the first time ive bought somthing based on looks, only to find it failed to perform ;)

That said, ive heard that they are a nice gun to shoot :)

re the motor side of things,   i'm spoilt , working within spitting distance of Goodwood  race circuit,  my daily aural treat is the whine of V8's & 12's  with some exotica thrown in for good measure :) ......

However i have to say, the sound that does it for me is the vulcan at 90% throttle  :bow:

Mart :santaclaus:

Mind you , that said, it wouldnt be the first time ive bought somthing based on looks, only to find it failed to perform ;)

re the motor side of things,   i'm spoilt , working within spitting distance of Goodwood  race circuit,  my daily aural treat is the whine of V8's & 12's  with some exotica thrown in for good measure :) ......

However i have to say, the sound that does it for me is the vulcan at 90% throttle  :bow:

PM Sent

To combine a fitting response that features guns and cars; think of a Cynergy as Reliant Robin. :)

The Browning rep advised me against them. I thought that was pretty damning. 

To compare a Cynergy with a Reliant Robin is a disgrace. Robin's are not that bad. Robin's engines were once the core of the 750 Motor Racing Formula .

Cynergy's are possibly the core of the milk bottle top industry. 

To compare a Cynergy with a Reliant Robin is a disgrace. Robin's are not that bad. Robin's engines were once the core of the 750 Motor Racing Formula .

Cynergy's are possibly the core of the milk bottle top industry. 
I think it may have been the same engine as in the Hillman Imp, was called a "Coventry Climax" engine Pete?

I think it may have been the same engine as in the Hillman Imp, was called a "Coventry Climax" engine Pete?
Coventry climax fire pump engine, got as far as F1, half of one became the Imp engine. I had one in an early race car boy could that thing rev, not fantastic for reliability. Robin reliant basis of the 750MC 750 Formula another incredible little lump, not related to the Imp though. Good piece for nostalgia nuts, that'l be me then.

Coventry climax fire pump engine, got as far as F1, half of one became the Imp engine. I had one in an early race car boy could that thing rev, not fantastic for reliability. Robin reliant basis of the 750MC 750 Formula another incredible little lump, not related to the Imp though. Good piece for nostalgia nuts, that'l be me then.
Friend of mine had a speed boat back in the 60's with a stage 2 Coventry Climax engine in it, Boy did that thing go!! Remember chasing cormorants up the River Teighn in it with a 5 shot Franchi. In those days there was a bounty on them because of the damage that they did to fish stocks.

My how things have changed in the past 50 years.

Latest posts

Back