Cleaning my gun ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clean my gun every week and mainly use Napier products as I find them very good.

Once a month I go to town and clean teh gun with Clenzoil Products.. Barrels, All Metal, All Wood..

You sporting lot must get your guns proper manky to need all that stuff. Full length mop an oily rag some youngs 303 and beretta oil job done. For stock some rapid oil when its needed and some burnishing wax to keep it pretty as needed.

phospher brushes and jags etc are very old hat IMO. Get into the 21st century and get a full length mop, its the future.

Just saying

You sporting lot must get your guns proper manky to need all that stuff. Full length mop an oily rag some youngs 303 and beretta oil job done. For stock some rapid oil when its needed and some burnishing wax to keep it pretty as needed.

phospher brushes and jags etc are very old hat IMO. Get into the 21st century and get a full length mop, its the future.

Just saying
Can you recommend a particular full length mop?

Not sure but I think my one is a Napier. Had it for about 15yrs and its only just getting ready to replace as bits of the mop is coming off. There are other makes and I am sure there all pretty much the same. 

Thanks. I assume its the same material as wool mop jag so fairly soft / non abrasive. So how does it fair against lead fouling? Do you soak the barrels with a cleaner first or apply it direct to the mop?

Yes same as a wool jag thing. No need to put anything down barrel just a few strokes and its done. Its a fairly tight fit so i find its easier to do as soon as you finish shooting wife the barrels are still hot i think they work so good because there is so much contact with it being full length. Anyway i have rarely used a solvent or a brush in 15 yrs only done a full clean when proper bored on a wet none shooting Sunday.

Paragon is THE brand name for wool mop barrel cleaners. Will not remove heavy lead fouling, you need a solvent in the bore and a jag on the rod with tissue or flannel to remove. Then burnish with the wool mop.

You lot must shoot dirty shells because my barrels are spotless :)

Yes same as a wool jag thing. No need to put anything down barrel just a few strokes and its done. Its a fairly tight fit so i find its easier to do as soon as you finish shooting wife the barrels are still hot i think they work so good because there is so much contact with it being full length. Anyway i have rarely used a solvent or a brush in 15 yrs only done a full clean when proper bored on a wet none shooting Sunday.
Freudian slip?      :lolu:

Easiest and most enjoyable way to clean a gun is to go and buy a big driven day and then hand it to your loader at the end of the day............ sadly im not talking from my own experience......

Don,

Could you load for me please? Or just turn up about 3p.m. Thursday next.

Bore snake a few times and a wipe over everything with ACF-50, thats what all my guns have had over the years with no problems whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back