Cpsa classifications

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully I can drop down to B and win all the £1000s i hear of that are available to sandbaggers week in week out ;-)

Sod off solomons, b class has my name on it, I have already given notice at work

Very interesting comment by Ed.

I don't think many people have cottoned onto the fact that a Mitsubishi and a Great Wall pickup have been won recently by people who may not have actually been in their correct class. But the rules are there for everyone to abide by.

As for £housands being lost and won in the classes ?? £5 & £10's for shared 1sts and 2nd's. £5 for shared Pool shoot win. ha! ha!

Who was it that said 'It's not the winning, it's the taking part'? 

It all depends what you want from what after all is a hobby, a sport.

Personally I want a day out, with friends enjoying their company, and enjoying my shooting.

That last comment on Salopian's post is the reason I go shooting and also the reason I gave up shooting registered shoots.

With the endless obsession with winning money in class prizes at a local ground and the associated cheating that we all know occurs, the main ethic of trying to compete in a class was taken away.

I'm not sure if things have changed in the last 10 years but when I used to compete the prize structure was based around the number of entries in each class. Therefore if only 3 AA shooters were shooting that day then they shared a grand total of £15.00 for their class prizes, usually £10.00 for first, £5.00 for second and nothing for third. The number of entries in C and B classes was always far greater so the lower class shooters would maybe win £80.00 for first down to £30.00 for third, thereby covering the cost of their entry, and making it worth winning, but also making it worth manipulating their averages to keep them in this class. This system, I believe, is incentivising the shooter to stay in a class below their ability and not encouraging them to move up the class system. So Ed, yes, there is money to be made lower down although the best money should always be for high gun and I'm sure this is more where you are aiming (thankfully).

I expect this has all been said before but that is the reason I do not compete now, and if I do shoot registered it is only on a birds only basis as I let my CPSA membership lapse. At least I can now shoot the same targets and see where my skill pitches with others instead of being barred from shooting during a registered competition as a non-member as it used to be.

I feel I have no need for the CPSA and I shoot with plenty of other ex-members who feel the same. (For the record I have insurance with BASC who I feel are actually doing something to promote and protect shooting)  :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back