Dirty Barrels

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeeirv333

Hi, Has anyone found shooting Gamebore HV steel 7.5,28GMS plastic, they have very dirty barrels after shooting, and traces of unburnt powder ?

I always found them to be very clean, compared to others. Just the usual plastic fouling. No sign of unburnt powder through 32” barrels.
Hi, I missed out 'Black Gold', in the title. I shoot with a Browning 30'' Pro Sport adjustable, I dont suppose the gun makes much difference, but while shooting another guy wanted a go with my gun and looked down the barrels before he shot and commented on their state of dirt ! Before that I was shooting with Hull Pro Steel, and barrels were as cleanl as could be, so I dont know. Thanks for the reply.

Hi, I missed out 'Black Gold', in the title. I shoot with a Browning 30'' Pro Sport adjustable, I dont suppose the gun makes much difference, but while shooting another guy wanted a go with my gun and looked down the barrels before he shot and commented on their state of dirt ! Before that I was shooting with Hull Pro Steel, and barrels were as cleanl as could be, so I dont know. Thanks for the reply.
TBH it’s been about 18 months since I last used them, so maybe Gamebore changed the recipe 🤷‍♂️

I have always found gamebore to be a dirty cartridge.they seem to have more recoil too-to me at least.

Hi, Has anyone found shooting Gamebore HV steel 7.5,28GMS plastic, they have very dirty barrels after shooting, and traces of unburnt powder ?
Are you storing them at room temperature? Some cartridges if cold can leave in burnt powder in the barrels.

Let's not get into question of damp cartridges then :sneaky:

As for a serious reply, yes I do think the Gamebore steel cartridges leave barrels dirtier than some other brands. At my club the cartridges on offer (all steel, as lead has already been banned in NL for ages) are Gamebore 7 / 24, 7 / 28 and Mirage 7/24. The Mirage leaves the barrels a lot cleaner than the Gamebore 24 grams, and the 28 gram Gamebores are again a lot 'dirtier' than the 24 gram ones. Not sure why, just my observation (with several guns).

I do run a boresnake through my barrels after most shoots, but prefer to use the Mirages for the reason above. I avoid the 28 grams nowadays.

😊 just imagine how much lead must be at the bottom of the sea from lost fishing weights and sunken ship ballast. 😂 which club shoots over the sea.
Pretty difficult for birds to ingest though !

I have seen a guy shooting steel gamebore black gold 28 grams. They would dirty his barrels so much that he had a hard time getting the empty hulls out after a couple of hundred shells. This was in a browning BTW.

Are you storing them at room temperature? Some cartridges if cold can leave in burnt powder in the barrels.

I have seen a guy shooting steel gamebore black gold 28 grams. They would dirty his barrels so much that he had a hard time getting the empty hulls out after a couple of hundred shells. This was in a browning BTW.
Thank you, I think I will change when I have used the one's I have.

Back