Ear protection, your preference ..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been on Amazon and this popped up:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peltor-Tactical-Defender-Pigeon-Shooting/dp/B000Q04MRG/ref=pd_rhf_cr_s_qp_3

Peltor Sportacs at sub £100 so about half price compared to a lot of places!

Jon.

off for some noisebreakers next week... will report in due course...

I dont see the point of these electronic devices were you can hear all the background noise, it would drive me mad and anyway why would you want to unless you are a ref or a coach.

I dont see the point of these electronic devices were you can hear all the background noise, it would drive me mad and anyway why would you want to unless you are a ref or a coach.
In trap, i suppose so. I think that they work best for Sporting, as a lot of time is spent wandering around, chatting, watching, handing in score cards to refs, listening to a description of where the targets will be coming from etc. I then tend to turn mine down to either minimum, or off, as I walk in the stand.

That makes sence Mr cleverSC3 i can see there use in that respect.

I got some EarPlugzz that were moulded to my ear in the gamefair and sent a week or so later. Absolutley superb and wholly recommended

I like to hear the trap working so I know exactly when the clay is coming. Having said that, it is sometimes nice to turn them down/off when at a crowded club where the queue behind you is getting "chatty" or there's a bus party of visitors who are only there for a laugh.
I like/use Howard Leight active defenders. If practising alone you can even plug in your personal music!

I can see now that for sporting they may be of benefit but dont see why folk have them for trap unless its just a gadget thing.

I had my ear protection made by Customearprotection. Phone them up and the guy books an appointment to come to your home. He turns up, takes a mould of the inner ear cavity. You select the colour or mix of colours and then he makes them up back at his factory. Posted out to you within 10 days. Easy to clean with soap and warm water.

Because they are made to fit inside your ear they make a good seal and are really comfortable. All the motocycle races wear this type as it does not foul in the helmet.

Have a look at http://www.customearprotection.co.uk/.

Stew

Latest posts

Back