Fancying a Semi, either a Maxus or an A400 Excel

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is too dirty Henry, even for me :) . I've not come across a semi as yet that handles to my liking, they all seem to be too nose heavy and the grips are invariably too thick as well as too long. There is money to be made for the firm that manages to replicate the handling and dynamics of an O/U onto a reliable gas fed semi :cool: :smile: .

I have used and still own one or two Auto's and too be fair the best shooting Auto I have ever used is the Remington Versamax. You can chuck anything at it and it seems faultles. You can even mix and match if you feel the need, 21 gr and 66 gram up the magazine tube. It eats all of them straight out of the box.The only drawback is it's a bit pricey.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a bit pricy and won't last according to my Americans! Plus, you do need to keep it clean! Not a Beretta!!!

Henry

Hi Henry. Its pricey, but there is no requirement to keep it clean. I have shot something like 10-15000 shells through mine and as yet, other than the chokes and a quick wipe over after heavy rain, have yet to bother to clean it. I had a problem with it when the retaining pin holding the firing pin in went AWOL, but with 3 years warranty I am not particularly bothered. The only real problem is it's nice green travel case................if you extend the stock, it won't go back in the case. Now which idiot thought of that?

what about the fabarm xlr-5 velocity or remington 1100 carbon fibre? they looks well made and suited to clays...

this more depends on which cartridges you use rather than the gun itself i use an a400 xplor field it weighs just over 6 lb i shoot 24 gram shells through it with no recoil whatsoever. i love this gun just wish i could do something about the trigger pulls.

Latest posts

Back