glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afraid you will have to ask the cpsa as I have no idea what changes have been made if any.

1: probably if no one picks up on it. He/she shouldn't shoot any stand without.

2: not sure if it's specified - I had a quick look on their site but can't see anything

3: Don't know

Alex Higgins used to avoid wearing ties with his doc's letter backing him, could it be that the same thing could be causing the CPSA not to try and force the issue?

The rule is already there for registered shoots. Cpsa cannot force people in none registered or practice or game shooting to wear glasses but it should be enforced for registered shoots.......in my humble opinion........for what that is worth.

Interesting debate over something which really should be a no brainer, protective glasses, ear protectors and appropriate head gear should be worn all the time by ALL when there is a shooting activity going on regardless of its category.

We constantly bang on about how health and safety conscious we are as sport, yet allow such largesse in the critical areas of eyes and ears.

How are we going to attract people to the game especially youngsters if the example the established shooters set is so poor. I can well understand parents not wanting their children to be involved in what is already sadly regarded as a dangerous pursuit when there is not a compulsory requirement to wear such protection at all times. This should not be a debate it should just be a given.

I wait for the first law suit regarding an accident as a result of poor protection measures, the stampede to conform thereafter will be one to watch.

As an ESK shooter I will always wear glasses, hearing protection and a hat whether it is just practice or registered/competition or even when I am refereeing. As an ESK referee, I would not allow anyone to shoot without at least glasses and hearing protection when I am refereeing a registered/competition but as for practice, that is upto the ground/individual concerned. Very stupid not to though, I have seen many cut faces from clays.

I have even considered wearing a cup afer getting hit in the nether regions by a stray lump of clay a few weeks ago :eek:

Well it will be interesting to see how many wear glasses during the test event and the Olympics. Who is going to take the score ..........lets see which country hates them the most and which country favours them the most.

Again you will get different results for different disciplines.

In my humble opinion............essential for any type skeet and for all types of sporting / compak etc due to the risks of ricochets............optional for trap disciplines (and I note that you can get the possible powder blow back in winds).

Please note before I get my head chewed off again..............this is my opinion and you all are most welcome to your own. Your opinion will not affect me one bit.

Last edited:
Actualy here, it is mandatory by law to have ear and eye protection for ALL shooting at any shooting club. A club can loose its license to operate by failing to impose protection! Aditional sanctions can be taken to persons negligent in enforcing the rules by the Health & Safety Board!

Regards,

Henry ;)

Actualy here, it is mandatory by law to have ear and eye protection for ALL shooting at any shooting club. A club can loose its license to operate by failing to impose protection! Aditional sanctions can be taken to persons negligent in enforcing the rules by the Health & Safety Board!

Regards,

Henry ;)
Not in the UK or Europe or South America. So I suppose that is luck for those who do not like them. I noticed last week that the rule introduced in Portugal in 2009 has now lapsed and there were many people competing without glasses.

Last edited:
Did a registered shoot today, pouring down with rain, I hate having to wear glasses, they kept on steaming up. BUT there were many shooters wearing them on top of their caps but not their eyes, many not wearing them at all nor ear plugs. Markers were supplied with waterproofs, safety glasses and ear defenders but chose not to wear them.

Just as a clarification point for International events including the Olympics, under ISSF rule: 6.2.4 Eye Protection. It says: "All shooters are urged to wear shaterproof shooting glasses or similar protection while shooting" Nothing compulsory about eyeware in any of the 433 pages in the rule book.

1st stand today was a pair of sim driven partridges, was hit on the forehead and cheak with broken clay shooting the second pair.......was wearing glasses!!!

Just as a clarification point for International events including the Olympics, under ISSF rule: 6.2.4 Eye Protection. It says: "All shooters are urged to wear shaterproof shooting glasses or similar protection while shooting" Nothing compulsory about eyeware in any of the 433 pages in the rule book.
Nothing to add here, but cracking looking Lab in your profile pic :)

Hi Fuzzie

It's Murffy and he's 3 and working. He has just got a mate called Bailey who is Brown and hasn't been treated well in his 7 months of life.

Latest posts

Back