Hi from NW Surrey

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickS

I am on the Surrey/Hants border and have been shooting for about 3 years. I started as my then 11yo son was interested and it is great to be able to spend time doing something together (even if he usually out-shoots me!). So far, this has been at the local, more casual shoots rather than in competitions. My concern now is to try to move both of us along a bit with some regular coaching as I am clearly not improving my scores and do not have the experience or knowledge to help him either.

Nick

If you are fairly comfortable with your guns and basic techniques, it may just be that you need 'stretching'. Bigger shoots will pull you on or at least expose the weaknesses. Try a registered shoot or two and see. You don't need to join CPSA at this stage.

Cheers

CSC3

Hiya

You're not far from Bisley. You could try an occasional joint lesson at Bisley shooting ground. Or go and shoot skeet together at the Ncsc also at Bidkey. Skeet has all the angles and is great for practice.

Gnasher

Welcome aboard.... Enjoy shootclay... Any questions, please let me know

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 using Board Express

Hi all and thanks for the welcome. Gnasher, I see that we are neighbours! We have tried Bisley a few times and come away with mixed feelings about how useful it was. I much prefer Roundwood but cannot get there during term-time.

Nick

I love roundwood! But can never get there now(used to work part time, now full time).

Have you tried Wylye down the A303? They do coaching on a Saturday.

Hi Nick And welcome to the site.

As Gnasher has said Wylye is open on a Saturday for practice and their targets are superb mix. Also the cakes are the best around.

http://www.wylye-shooting.co.uk/

You could also try Four Counties just the other side of Newbury. They have open shoots on which anyone can enter and a CPSA reg shoot on the 1st Sun each month

http://www.fourcountiesctc.co.uk/

Andy

Hello and welcome Nick, you can't be far from me either. Happy to buddy up at Bisley for some skeet one evening if you fancy it. You could also have a look at the Guildford Gun Club site, a nice little club that shoots near Pirbright on the third Sunday of the month.

Hello and welcome Nick, you can't be far from me either. Happy to buddy up at Bisley for some skeet one evening if you fancy it. You could also have a look at the Guildford Gun Club site, a nice little club that shoots near Pirbright on the third Sunday of the month.
Hi and thanks all for the welcomes. Bob, I thought that the Pirbright shoot had closed? It was run by Gary Evans but the army did not renew his lease following objections by English Nature. The way I am shooting at the moment, the only chance hitting skeet would be to club them with the stock whilst still in the trap...

Nick

Hi Nick - the original Tunnel Hill site has closed as you say. The Guildford Gun Club has another piece of land in Pirbright that we use on the 3rd Sunday every month. We also shoot skeet at Bisley every Tuesday evening in the summer. Have a look here http://guildfordgunclub.com/ you'd be welcome to come along as a guest.

Hi and welcome.

I can't wait to see if my lad wants to take up shooting.

He enjoyed watching the Finals of the Beretta apart from shouting bang between clays! (aged 6)

Welcome. If you get the chance try Weston Wood or Westfield. Will benchmark you to Sporting.

Latest posts

Back