Hi from Williamsport Pennsylvania

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les greevy

Hi. I am new to this forum but have coached Double Trap in the US for about 12 years and am interested in the new ISSF rules and new training protocals to develop shooters for the new game.

Les Greevy

Hi Les - welcome aboard - have spent quite a lot of time working in PA (West Chester / Morristown) - welcome to ShootClay, enjoy the site. Any questions, please let me know...

Thanks.Any chance for a dedicated Double Trap forum?
Hi Les, welcome. We've had a few threads on here about Double Trap, mainly discussing New Rules and Implications. I am a serious DT shooter and have been training and trying out technique on the New rules for a while. It would be good to bounce some ideas and thoughts off you as I'm a bit obsessed and am currently in the Qualifying period for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow 2014. Do you coach with the National Squad? We could chat here or start a dedicated DT thread.

@les greevy - I can do that... we already have a generic 'trap' forum and I'm little wary of breaking it up further - are you specifically saying a DT forum would be of benefit? Anyone else think that?

At the 2011 World Championships my Shooters won the individual and team Junior W.C. both with World Records. In the US my shooters pretty much dominate the DT game with all Junior National Champions in the last 8 years and the current Open N.C.

I have my own bunker dedicated to DT where we are developing training methods for the new game.

Excellent! so I guess the biggest issue is, do you think it is worth Spot shooting from the second line onwards. It's obviously harder to do it as you need more hold points and you might not see them when the shooter before you calls.

I am waiting to see the "official" rules but preliminarily it appears that 2/3's of the pairs will have the normal hold points. It is just the odd pair that needs be adjusted for. If the game is 15 pair and you will see each scheme(A,B&C)only once at each station, the odd pair will be relatively easy to account for and once it is seen at a certain station you can revert to normal hold points.

Latest posts

Back