is there any difference mechanically in grade of gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

i have always believed that gun models are mechanically the same for different grades just a difference in how pretty they are.

is this correct for all/none/some?

Yes and no. There are subtle differences between models depending upon the manufacturer.

Just golden chickens and fancy wood

main difference is normally whether it's a trap/sporter/game etc.

Mostly the changes are just cosmetic, but there can be mechanical changes too. For example, there may be differences to trigger pull weight, firing pin springs etc etc.
Yes I agree, the changes will be cosmetic. I admit that I've never known a higher grade of the same gun to have any other differences, I certainly dont recall any other differences being marketed.

The only one that stands out is the Beretta DT 10 models, when you go from a standard DT10 to the EELL there is a vast improvement in barrels and trigger pulls.

The only one that stands out is the Beretta DT 10 models, when you go from a standard DT10 to the EELL there is a vast improvement in barrels and trigger pulls.
I think there is a small difference in the 682LUX as well. I've shouldered umpteen 3800's and have to say the higher grade ones feel better. 

Yes and no. There are subtle differences between models depending upon the manufacturer.
Can you elaborate? My understanding is, for eg a grade 1 Browning is the same as a Prestige other than fancy wood and more/nicer engraving. 

Can you elaborate? My understanding is, for eg a grade 1 Browning is the same as a Prestige other than fancy wood and more/nicer engraving. 
well having owned and/or shot various grades of browning/miroku products, I can confirm that only the wood and engraving are different. As for guns such as the dt10 / dt1eell, well ips, a forum member, shoots both guns. He prefers the eell, but whether there is actually any mechanical difference, I guess he can answer that.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have also shot various guns from cheap to posh, some lovely shotguns out there, but not , i hasten to add, guns from h&h, Boss and similar,,,  :D  but i can assure you all,,, i can miss with any gun regardless of pedigree, :rolleyes:

I have never shot anything nastier than a new Purdey sporter that I was given to try. NB. Other nasty guns are available.

whoops ! i do have a problem with English, esp grammar! ,,this is not what i meant,,     " some lovely shotguns out there, but not , i hasten to add, guns from h&h, Boss and similar, "     what i is mean i haven't shot with  them,,     not that they not lovely !! erm,,, i think,,, if you follow,,     oh dear,,,,

and i am a pom by birth, just used to a different English as spoken,, eish,,,    sorry,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
well having owned and/or shot various grades of browning/miroku products, I can confirm that only the wood and engraving are different. As for guns such as the dt10 / dt1eell, well ips, a forum member, shoots both guns. He prefers the eell, but whether there is actually any mechanical difference, I guess he can answer that.
well apart from the obvious cosmetic difference of side plate and exibition wood the most noticeable difference is handling due to more refined attention to balance. I also suspect that because the heading is over a greater area of metal ie sideplate that this in itself greatly reduces recoil and muzzle flip. Triggers are excellent on both guns however from my experience quality of triggers varies gun to gun. Mechanically the eell feels to have tighter tolerances in all aspects and even closing the gun gives a warm feeling of quality.. Eell a dt10 with a sideplate ... No it is a totally different beast.

Latest posts

Back