Miroku 3800 sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDupoy

I saw it, I tried it, I had to have it - I was only looking for snap caps!

Have I done the right thing?

Ian

I saw it, I tried it, I had to have it, I was only looking for snap caps!

Have I done the right thing?

Ian

Sorry I've also posted this on the new forum- stupid boy!

Done the same thing my self a couple of weeks ago ... went in for ammo , had a look at a grade 3 Mk 38 Trap... and came out with 1000 cartridges and a Miroku Mk38 :.: :.:

Good choice

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing better than a good MK38 or any other Browning to be honest.

Good allrounders and solid performers for all levels.

What makes this gun so good?
It's not that they are 'so good', but they tick most boxes and at a very good price. If you can't break clays with one of these then you can't break clays (as long as it fits and you are used to it).

A bit of a Ford Focus. Won't make you go wow, but will do the job nicely.

CSC3

I would say slightly less well made, but good enough. Different feel to a beretta, more barrel weight than most. Personally I would rather have the Miroku if thinking about my scores..

Your silver p 1 is lovely. Don't even worry about the gun for now..

CSC3

I love mine and don't want to change unless I win the lotto then a DT11 would be ordered . I'm just asking why everyone has them

There are lots of different guns out there, all winning shoots. It's personal and also it's what you get used to. One thing is for sure, you don't see top shots shooting consistently well and swapping guns much.

CSC3

Does anyone want a new unfired Miroku 3800 from the 1980s? 30", serial 1131296. Yes I did say unfired, still in maufacturer's grease.

There's an ORE 600 as well, 30", serial 729102. Stored them away as you do.

Thanks guys, I forgot to get the snap caps!

The 3800 in original grease sounds good though!

Ian

Hi Toby, 3800s didn't have grades, half and full. ORE says full and full on the works ticket - you can change the chokes but only in one direction if you get the gist. Don't think Winchester had invented multichokes by then.

Which brings me to the test fired Winchester 101 Montecatini with Winchokes for those of you who've worn out their Winchester and want a new one.

Hamster, multichokes were novel then and I was of a mind to be experimental so I bought it new from Garlands and fitted a Jones Adjuster but found a twisted buttplate felt great - you can sink it into the shoulder socket but it doesn't help the shooting so I put it away. 30" and it'd be better with one of the 101 fans who'd appreciate a new action. Very nice anatomical trigger. I'll take some pics in daylight tomorrow and post them here.

Toby - maybe somebody on here can give us chapter and verse on grades of Miroku 3800 which of course preceded the Mk38. Carl Bloxham era I think.

I'll take that back Toby - Guntrader shows the usual 1,3,5s but my box shows no grading so I'll investigate in the morning - I've been asked for pics.

Latest posts

Back