New Benelli O/U

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosso, you stand to make a fortune if you can teach that bird to 'carp' on the muzzle end of Perazzi's. Around £14 a time, I believe ! 

Last edited by a moderator:
"thinking with a yank brain."

How unkind!  That really hurts.

And BTW that K-shirt looks like it needs tits to fill it so is the K stuff just for pussies?  Inquiring Yank minds and all .......................   :hi:  

"thinking with a yank brain."

How unkind!  That really hurts.

And BTW that K-shirt looks like it needs tits to fill it so is the K stuff just for pussies?  Inquiring Yank minds and all .......................   :hi:  
I love your brain Wonko. It do make sense sometimes when I ask interpreter what the f*** is he on about. I love the K and yes I'm into pussies.

If you want Krieghoff down the other sleeve it is an extra £25 from Alan Rhone.

:fie:  Oh yes, they love to flocked by lan Rhone! Thats why a K80 Parcours is 20% dearer here than in the US?

K-gun buyers deserve a good flocking - tho 20% is a fairly sturdy flocking.  Have UK buyers been naughty in some special way?

Innovation-shminnovation... That thing looks hideous to my taste. I guess, when it comes to over-and-under guns, I prefer classic lines of Perazzi or Beretta.

At some point someone decided that o/u was the way to go rather than SxS, and I presume the forumites of the day were also split in their opinions of the newfangled idea that landed in their midst.

Not saying this is an equivalent development, but innovation does happen. Some will be good, others not so much, and time will tell whether this gun goes on to change shotguns in the future, or it gets consigned to the round, metal archival unit in the corner.

I wouldn't mind a go with it, see if it is nice tl shoot or whether the recooil is as nasty as it looks. The review I saw was keen to say this was designed as a field gun, rather than for clays...

To my point above about innovation, have a look at this video (nicked from Tinker's Facebook page, sorry Nic)

At some point someone decided that o/u was the way to go rather than SxS, and I presume the forumites of the day were also split in their opinions of the newfangled idea that landed in their midst.

Not saying this is an equivalent development, but innovation does happen. Some will be good, others not so much, and time will tell whether this gun goes on to change shotguns in the future, or it gets consigned to the round, metal archival unit in the corner.

I wouldn't mind a go with it, see if it is nice tl shoot or whether the recooil is as nasty as it looks. The review I saw was keen to say this was designed as a field gun, rather than for clays...
Funny you should mention side by sides, over the years I've met quite a few guys who could shoot just about anything with one of those things! The late/great Percy Stanbury only ever used a SBS and that man could shoot!!!!

SxS's are perfectly good target guns if they're configured like a target gun and not a field gun.  International pigeon shoots still see successful competitors with SxS's.  Some pretty good ZZ shooters too from what I hear.

just sayin'

Guys, I'm not saying sxs are bad, rather, when they were the norm, the first o/u to appear will have looked entirely alien and been greeted with suspicion, much in the same way the Benelli is being received on here. They went on to thrive, so it follows that not all innovation is bad.

Same goes for high ribs, Nill Griffe stocks, etc.

Don't want to give a history lesson, but in terms of sporting weapons, the stacked barrel O/U came before the S/S.

If you don't believe me, and I'm sure many won't, visit The Royal Armouries in Leeds and have a look around. A great way to spend a day of your life. :biggrin:
I have an over / under cap and ball pistol. Great for skeet.

TD, you are correct about O/Unders but you are a marked man for your comment about the video! :fie:   

Hi All,

Guns are like men choosing their women, depends on their taste and looks, sometimes their cost. :)

Shame my Cynergy only managed 46 out of 50 on my clay shoot recently, wonder what i would have got with a decent gun ?

Not always about looks.

Latest posts

Back