'New' Double Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi jake, have you had a chance to shoot quite a few targets in teh new format ? Have you worked out a system to shoot the new scheme yet ? Or is it still work in progress.

David

Hi jake, have you had a chance to shoot quite a few targets in teh new format ? Have you worked out a system to shoot the new scheme yet ? Or is it still work in progress.

David[/quote
Hi David,
Yes I have been experimenting for a while now.
It still is a work in progress in some ways and I've been trying to keep Simplifying my approach to it. Yes you can predict a bit from the second line on, but if your not careful you miss more of them than the pairs you don't know about, because you anticipate and try and shoot them differently. The new finals have thrown a spanner in the works a bit because with 5 pairs on a pad it's much harder to predict and so should maybe just be shot normally ie- same hold point etc each line.

I've only shot the new scheme a few times but it seemed easier to try not to anticipate any target. Just plan the direction of shooting moving to the outside on the 2 wide stands ?

I found it too difficult to try and predict how the pair might present, too much much like counting cards ! some people can do it and it works really wel for them.

Do you find you shoot with the same timing as before or does it have to slow down a bit ? It will be interesting to see the first issf shoot and see if all the top shots approach it in the same way or will they change the way they shoot ? maybe more they timings will slow down and they will move to even tighter chokes shooting the second taregt much further down range ?

Be interesting to watch  

Yes it's going to be interesting to see how top shooters approach it, I think we will see a few different methods.
When I first tried to shoot the same timing I thought It wouldn't be possible, but over time I have found that I can do it.

Latest posts

Back