'New' Double Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's impressive that Ian Peel can remember all 25 targets at OT, it's hard enough to not count the targets.

I understand alipov also counts targets and knows all 9 schemes. Knowing where it's going is enough for me not to hit it.

Alipov's dad was OT European Champion in '78 (southern counties) so junior must have started young. He had a unique style of mounting half way to the trap, calling as he passed the lip and swerving right or left as required.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did not remember when it counted...!
Ian hit the last 5 targets which he would have known about. In a time of no finals and on home territory I doubt anyone would have beaten Diamond that day. Certainly the last time a Mk38 won a medal. It's a thankless task to now be a chairman of selectors.

Ian hit the last 5 targets which he would have known about. In a time of no finals and on home territory I doubt anyone would have beaten Diamond that day. Certainly the last time a Mk38 won a medal. It's a thankless task to now be a chairman of selectors.
Any dog can have it's day. :) Michael was awesome.

As for our selectors.....they should be sacked after what happened to Abbey....my humble opinion.

I look forward to the next round of funding with interest.

Who was using an Mk38, Peel? Thought he was Beretta.

Who was using an Mk38, Peel? Thought he was Beretta.
Ian was Browning B1 from the start of his career, stepped up a gear when he emerged at Griffin Lloyd one year with a 32" Mk38 shooting a 197. Both his 200 straights at ABT were Browning/Miroku. Ian was Beretta sponsored After his medal. Ian and Peter Croft's European Championships were Miroku. Our only senior World Champion at an Olympic event Peter Boden made his name with a Browning C3 (as did Bob Braithwaite) then Beretta S04 but was Perazzi when he won double trap.

Ian was Browning B1 from the start of his career, stepped up a gear when he emerged at griffin Lloyd one year with a 32" Mk38 shooting a 197. Both his 200 straights at ABT were Browning/Miroku. Ian was Beretta sponsored After his medal. Ian and Peter Croft's European Championships were Miroku.
Thanks, remember seeing him with DT10, but like you say must of been after the Medal.

Richard was ASE when he won Gold and like Ian switched to DT10 immediately after.

I need a good read....but like already the bit 'urged to wear glasses'.....so it has not been made mandatory after all. That will please a lot of people who do not wear them.

Not specific to just DT but have noticed a change relating to moving between stations for all trap events (and skeet).

Previous rule T9.6.3.2 (2009 edition) states that 'All guns must be carried open when moving between stations and when moving from staion 5 to station 1 the gun must be carried open and unloaded' inferring that it is OK to move between stations 1 to 5 with the gun open but with cartridges in.

The CPSA Booklet 7 also indicates a similar rule in 9.22 (ABT)

The new ISSF regs state in the rules for each discipline (9.7.2 for example) that 'All guns must be carried open and unloaded when moving between all stations'.

Just a bit more elfin safety creeping in.

DT

Not specific to just DT but have noticed a change relating to moving between stations for all trap events (and skeet).
Previous rule T9.6.3.2 (2009 edition) states that 'All guns must be carried open when moving between stations and when moving from staion 5 to station 1 the gun must be carried open and unloaded' inferring that it is OK to move between stations 1 to 5 with the gun open but with cartridges in.

The CPSA Booklet 7 also indicates a similar rule in 9.22 (ABT)

The new ISSF regs state in the rules for each discipline (9.7.2 for example) that 'All guns must be carried open and unloaded when moving between all stations'.

Just a bit more eflin safety creeping in.

DT
Yes I spotted that but thought it might be an old rule that was currently ignored, so thank you for clarifying that it is new. That will catch a few out if they implement it fully because it would come under the most serious safety rules, possible red card!

Yes I spotted that but thought it might be an old rule that was currently ignored, so thank you for clarifying that it is new. That will catch a few out if they implement it fully because it would come under the most serious safety rules, possible red card!
Can't guarantee its new ( I could only find the 2009 rules) but having just watched the 2011 ISSF World Trap final most competitors were dropping a new load in immediately after they shot then walked to the next stand (ditto this years Olympics) so i guess it is a change (although its not mentioned in the ISSF Amendments?).

I wonder if the CPSA will jump on the bandwagon as well (as its elfin safety).

As you say its gonna catch quite a few out if the CPSA do bring it in.

DT

Can't guarantee its new ( I could only find the 2009 rules) but having just watched the 2011 ISSF World Trap final most competitors were dropping a new load in immediately after they shot then walked to the next stand (ditto this years Olympics) so i guess it is a change (although its not mentioned in the ISSF Amendments?).

I wonder if the CPSA will jump on the bandwagon as well (as its elfin safety).

As you say its gonna catch quite a few out if the CPSA do bring it in.

DT
This rule has now been removed, and it's back to the sensible, unloaded between 5,6 and 1

Thank god for that, been trying to remember to keep the gun empty between stands when practicing and it's a lot harder to change my routine than I thought.

Latest posts

Back