'New' Double Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The system is designed for training drills so the scheme is either manually selected or random and can throw either singles or pairs.

The system is designed for training drills so the scheme is either manually selected or random and can throw either singles or pairs.
sounds good. I can do this, but it takes a bit of fiddling. We have got a proper system at the club here on the Isle of Man (bingle (I used bingle, but other search engines are available, like bing) or Maps if need to).<br />So how do you feel about it, do you think the top performers will still spot shoot from the second line onwards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know when we can try this new system in the south of England?

The "spot shot" really has a small amount of gun movement in the line of the target but if a shooter knows he will get a certain target(7 or 9) he should hold for it.

The "spot shot" really has a small amount of gun movement in the line of the target but if a shooter knows he will get a certain target(7 or 9) he should hold for it.
I need this counting of targets explained in detail by those who know how to shoot it. I just hope for the best with whatever comes out...!! :cool:

That's the way I was thinking and shooting, but I'm not as convinced anymore, because you don't get the same confidence of hold points as before and you have to use a different technique on your first line.

A few guys move a tiny bit, but Gold, Silver and Bronze at the Olympics don't move at all on the first shot, I've shot with all three, I have done it, but usually move slightly!

Right, developing confidence in the hold points will be the trick.

Watch the best shooters' muzzles very carefully.

Has the new system been completely ratified? Was talking to RF last week and asked him when he was likely to get the new system at Owls, he said he was waiting for an absolute decision.

Fuzzy....it is happening...!!
Coolio, best start hassling Mr F to buy the new chip thingy ;) have you seen all the Olympic gear he managed to get? Cartridge bins, shell box stands, abacus etc. At least 1 ground will be showing a legacy :)

I need this counting of targets explained in detail by those who know how to shoot it. I just hope for the best with whatever comes out...!! :cool:
just get jake to tel you about his love beads and all will be revealed :wink:

Coolio, best start hassling Mr F to buy the new chip thingy ;) have you seen all the Olympic gear he managed to get? Cartridge bins, shell box stands, abacus etc. At least 1 ground will be showing a legacy :)
I put it on Facebook over a week ago. All looking good.

I can't believe they've opted for 3 pairs from each peg and removed the timed delay. Once you've shot the first pair why won't you get a return to pre-emptive shooting? Non verbal coaching has even been allowed so it'll be semaphor with the coach. Whoops I've dropped a cartridge near, middle or far side of the nets. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe they've opted for 3 pairs from each peg and removed the timed delay. Once you've shot the first pair why won't you get a return to pre-emptive shooting? Non verbal coaching has even been allowed so it'll be semaphor with the coach. Whoops I've dropped a cartridge near, middle or far side of the nets. :mellow:
yes it would of been a different game if it was left at 5 pairs on each peg. The empty cartridge trick was stopped in OT so no chance for this, but there are other ways and the non verbal coaching is a joke, those of us who haven't got a coach in tow will get walloped as usual, not a fair system!

Latest posts

Back