Newbie from Crewe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Reedy

Evening to one and all...

Have recently decided to attempt this sport and just had a couple of lessons at a near by shooting school.

Am sure I am going to ask the same questions as many others have, so please just re-direct me to where I should be looking.

Next task apply for license and decided where to put cabinet...

Cabinet Location :

Would under the stairs be an OK location ??

Thanks,

Chris R

Welcome Chris.

Re a cabinet - try and make sure it is against two solid walls, if possible, and make sure it is somewhere that has good air circulation and no dampness.

Chris - welcome aboard, enjoy shootclay - and any questions about the forum, please let me know.

Hiya Chris, welcome along, have fun!

(under the stairs is fine as long as it can be secured properly - as above, 2 solid walls would be ideal, with the locks tight to the wall, so that if somoene tried to jemmy it open, they couldn't get any leverage....if you see what I mean! :huh: )

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum, as to the cabinet location. I've just come through the same situation with my first SGC and gun safe. As has already been mentioned solid walls or sold floor for it to be bolted to is a requirement; teepee1234's comment about against a wall is also a good idea but depending on your safe you have make sure that you can get to the door and comfortably get your guns in and out as some safes have restricted opening (i.e. the door doesn't swing completely open). :???:

Welcome, i shoot out of Mickley Hall with John and Scott its a new ground and soon to have DTL as well. They are putting multi traps on the 10 stands so there is something for everyone.Enjoy

Thanks for all the information.

I was planning on bolting the safe to 1 wall and floor which i hoped would be enough, have applied for license but told it could take 12 weeks for it to arrive with me.

SP Clay :

Mickley is where I have started to go and am there again today having a session with Scott again.

Am enjoying the atmosphere and fluffy rabbits that seems to always to be ongoing whilst there is definitely more than enough to keep me happy

I'll probably see you there sometime, i drive a black l200 and john coaches me, so i am there regular, Both john and scott have years of experience so if you are struggling with something they can fix it.

Enjoy

welcome,my gun safe is bolted to one wall and the floor under the stairs,passed the police checks,re the licence,if its anything like devon and cornwall,some have had to wait 20 - 22 weeks,have fun mate

Thanks for all the information and advice..

Have had home visit by local CID officer to check cabinet and he has passed it, YEAH..

Just approx 4 weeks now till license will arrive in the post and then I can really start missing clays.

Welcome Chris, wall and floor has always been good enough for the Staffs division, I've had mine that way for donkeys and they have always been more than happy, enjoy the forums and good shooting, cheers, growl

hello there - re - cabinet - if in doubt speak to your local firearms team - its always good to quote their advice so when it comes to inspect there is less chance of any negative feedback - i think as a general rule it has to be out of sight and fixed to solid walls (and floor) without a gap to the rear so it cant be prised off wall.

Latest posts

Back