recommendations

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

long story short    i don't like the gap on my raised adj comb     could i have a comb made to  eliminate the gap   made to measure ?    any advice on where to have the work done ? tia    

long story short    i don't like the gap on my raised adj comb     could i have a comb made to  eliminate the gap   made to measure ?    any advice on where to have the work done ? tia    
OK, your preference, your money. 😀 Any stock person could do it I imagine, although it’s going to be a new bit of wood, so will be tough to match it well I suspect. Could look worse than the right wood with a gap? Again.. your preference. I would start by asking JWS Stock Finishing about it, he’s great with usual stock work.  

It won’t look great as grain won’t match. And for extra u could go custom. Jason at JWS is best man to quote 

Thinking about it ,  assuming  you’ve got the gun fitted and you won’t be changing it , I wouldn’t go with a new comb . I’d just get someone to to make a walnut spacer to fill the gap .  Most of the grain match problem gone , no swapping hardware . Also a doddle to undo if you get fed up of the gun and want to chop it in . 

Back