Red Ring Shotgun Sights

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougie23

Hi All

has any one used this type of sights

i am looking at buying one and like to try it out before i buy it cost £600.00 so need to have a go with it before i buy one

i shoot a manchester clay shooting club and if any one has one

and do not mind meeting up and letting me have a go with it

thanks

all

Don’t bother if you intend to shoot any CPSA registered comps as they are now banned for registered comp use.

would be a complete waste of time mate. I guess your quite new to shooting?

yes i am new to shooting have a bit of problems with my lead hope this unit may of helped with this just can not work it out i been doing lots of skeet and dtl

and when it come to fast crossers i am all over the place is there a nack to it that i am missing or will it come in time my plan it to try and miss in front and then work back from that has i am alway miss behind driving me mad when it come to skeet i am doing a round of 18/20 so think i cracked that game but i want to do sporting and do well did a round on sun 27 out of 50 not good hope to be doing better than that its the fast crosser that i miss all the time and it killing my score card

forget the gimmicks. give the £600 to ed and let him sort u out. money well spent then methinks.

was at south worcester sg yesterday and there was a guy there with what i presume was a similar device. couldn't hit a barn door at ten paces with it.

Get a decent sporting coach, and spend half of the 600 notes on a course of lessons. You will learn more from it than you can ever imagine mate. The best visual aid goin is the set of two eyes you already have! Pointing the gun in the right place is the tricky bit!!!

yes i am new to shooting have a bit of problems with my lead hope this unit may of helped with this just can not work it out i been doing lots of skeet and dtl

and when it come to fast crossers i am all over the place is there a nack to it that i am missing or will it come in time my plan it to try and miss in front and then work back from that has i am alway miss behind driving me mad when it come to skeet i am doing a round of 18/20 so think i cracked that game but i want to do sporting and do well did a round on sun 27 out of 50 not good hope to be doing better than that its the fast crosser that i miss all the time and it killing my score card
That bit of kit will not help you one iota with crossing targets. You still have to assess lead, so save your money.

You say you are "all over the place" with crossing targets. That indicates to me that you probably have no basic method to fall back on, so every shot you take is different. Clay pigeon shooting is far more technical than many realise. As others have said find yourself a good coach and work on a method which works for you. There is no short cut to good scores unless you are one of the few "naturals" out there.

I don't know this device, but I can only surmise that a sight on a shotgun has a similar use to a sight on a tennis racket. Beginners instinctively think shotguns are some sort of rifle. Change the mindset to racket sports and learn to perform the swing..

Had a go with one of these at Midland Game Fair last year, it worked well with a soft teal but was more of an hindrance on what was an easy crosser, would have expected to hit it 9 times out of 10 without the redring but never hit once with it. As has been said use the money for some coaching, you'll learn far more than with the redring device.

Get a decent sporting coach, and spend half of the 600 notes on a course of lessons. You will learn more from it than you can ever imagine mate. The best visual aid goin is the set of two eyes you already have! Pointing the gun in the right place is the tricky bit!!!
ok give 1/2 the money to ed. :)

Have done a review on this gizmo and to be honest I can't see where the hell they get £600 from.

I have to say that it was quite good on any trap type targets but crossers, loopers etc it was useless.

You just could not find the blooming target. Its similar to trying to shoot them with a scope.

Absolute waste of money.

As the guys say, find a good Sporting Coach and let him sort you out with a few lessons.

i tried a similar thing a few years back and spent most of the time trying to get the clay in a small circle, i ended up tying myself in knots. save your cash for some lessons.

If somebody said to me RED RING i would make an appointment with the doctor for some ointment.

redringofdeath.png

Latest posts

Back