Seeing the shot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markpods

Hi all, 

Sorry for another thread! 

I am still only a month in and just cannot see if I miss where I am missing, ie high low left or right, is this normal? I just can't see the shot as such? 

Any advice? 

Thanks

Mark

its difficult to determine sometimes even for seasoned shooters. Probably better to concentrate more on hitting them ?

I can never see the shot if I'm shooting 

but I can generally see the shot if I'm watching someone else shoot but sometimes if its pretty overcast I can't see it because its a grey cloud (the shot) on a grey background.

as IPS said its probably better to just concentrate on hitting them.

A lot of people say thay can see the shot,more often than not they are going off the wad,i have only ever properly seen it abroad in hi sun with certain cartridges and a good back ground and occasionally on a dull day you see like a grey image moving, i even once had a very experienced shooting instructor waiting behind me say missed behind as the clay broke(big distance obviously ).

Get a shotkam and you can see the shot if you slow it down.   I have never felt the need to "see" the shot.

Actually seeing the shot pattern? The actual pellets? Reckon I've seen this a handful of times in years of shooting. Certainly don't let your mind be bothered with trying to, as that in itself will work you over..  When you hear people confidently saying "you're behind / in front / off-line", they are drawing their assumption from watching where the barrels were pointing, not from seeing the shot itself. Totally ignore what the wad does, it flies like a bee with one wing..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep - agreed, I've seen the shot a few times... specific angles of sun, or rain or something has given me guidance.

Sometimes, I've even failed to see the clay break. 

Yep - agreed, I've seen the shot a few times... specific angles of sun, or rain or something has given me guidance.

Sometimes, I've even failed to see the clay break. 
I've never seen the shot when I'm shooting, have very rarely in certain light conditions seen it when standing behind someone.

I've never seen the shot when I'm shooting, have very rarely in certain light conditions seen it when standing behind someone.
Very rarely,and in certain light conditions i actually do see the clay.

I have seen the shot in very very heavy rain. It was ot shoot at beverley, all the squad could track every shot for the five minutes of torrential rain. It was very very odd experience.

philr

our mutual friend was on peg at side of me, ask him about it. He had never experienced it before either, very odd

when your coaching or loading I don't think its a case of "actually" seeing the shot as such but a kind of "feel" for were the shot went,. If that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back