Shooting Buddy Wanted Oxfordshire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this guys ...

Is there any way to improve the waterproofing capabilities of a grade 1 varnished stock, without having to remove the varnish and re-oil etc.

Thanks for this guys ...

Is there any way to improve the waterproofing capabilities of a grade 1 varnished stock, without having to remove the varnish and re-oil etc.
If the varnish is in good nick, it should be pretty water resistant as is. But no wooden parts will be waterproof. Fact is, guns do get wet from time to time.

Just dry the metal off straight away and protect as suggested. I would particularly take care to clean and dry the barrels asap and slowly dry the wood as mentioned earlier.

I also keep a spare dry slip in the car along with a good dry microfibre towel. I use half a scrunched up kitchen roll pushed through to clean/dry inside the barrels :good:  

Another South Oxon newbie here.  

I've just checked the Carzy Bear site and they have a shoot this Sunday so I'm going to try and get there early(ish).  

Never shot Cray Bear before so no p155 taking please...

Matt

Hi Matt,

I met up with Sam this afternoon at Edgehill which was great fun. I am meeting up with Tebbsy from this forum on Sunday to do 50 birds at Dorchester gun club which is about 5 miles from the Crazy Bear. The plan is to do the Crazy Bear after Dorchester, I am definitely doing Dorchester but not sure about Crazy Bear afterwards as I think I need some lessons. Tebbsy will definitely be doing the Crazy Bear so send me a PM as I am sure he would not mind you going along and meeting up etc.

HardFocus can you give me more info on Dorchester

Fibre or plastic

50 or 100 course

Ring before going or just turn up?

Starts at 9am. UT when's last card

Any info would be welcome

Thanks

Sian,

On the CPSA website you will find Dorchester Gun Club, if you click "email" it will be responded to by a person called Robert.

I think Robert is the Chairman of the club who will send you joining details etc. I have not been before but it is 50 birds, Fibre Wad, shoot as either one or two groups depending on the amount of people between 10am - 12 on alternate Sundays. It is run as a small members club so if you are interested send Robert an email.

It is defi

I will be shooting the Crazy Bear (100 bird £33 B/O) on Sunday around midday though.
Not too far from me. What's the deal with this place? Do you have to ring up beforehand? How's it setup? There's not much info on their website in terms of piccies, etc

Stan

It's an open shoot so you just turn up - last card 2pm although we arrived just on that today and someone after us. It's not my favourite because I don't like shooting inside huts and some of the spaces to shoot from are very limited and I think it limits the targets they can set really. There was one today which was really too high and taller shooters could easily have shot at the roof! Apparently it was a lower presentation earlier in the day. They have to have the huts because of the neighbours but it's a shame. They are a friendly bunch though.

Latest posts

Back