Shooting glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know where you shoot, I'm fed up with orange clays being thrown against a light blue sky everywhere I go!
Barbury, Ian Coley, EJ Churchill etc...

They have some orange clays but mainly black.

Should have posted on this earlier.

Will is spot on re Specsavers - Daughter has them and loves them. If you are planning the prescription route they are the best option by far (in my opinion).

My eyes are too bad for prescription glasses so its contact lenses. Pillas are the best. Tried most of the others but ended up with the Pillas. I have same 580's (non-precription versionf o the 560) which are not as good as the current Panthers. Oakleys are Ok and i would not discount the TR45 lenses which are the choice of the American Military.

Pilla-owner here as well. Sort-of a buy once, cry once choice really. I can't fault the quality and while the plethora of options may seem daunting at first i have tried different lenses (of other people) over the years to narrow down my choices. While certainly not cheap, having a few different options in the bag does help me adapt to conditions that would be more challenging without. May be all mental (as for most expenses in the sport) but for me it's worth my pennies.

Have had both and would opt for Rangers all day long. I have to have inserts for my prescription and had the Rangers with about 6 lenses. They were dead easy to clip in and the insert was glass and never moved and the picture was excellent. During lockdown I got suckered into buying a set of Pillars with the insert. Sold my rangers on flea bay as easy as anything. The inserts with the Pillars are plastic, clarity and sharpness nowhere near as good as the Rangers. I ended up selling the Pillars and having 2 lenses made with my prescription from Rangers which I’m extremely pleased with.
Hubby has the Pillars with the insert and they keep steaming up whilst shooting which is driving him mad, I’m due for another eye test soon and I’m thinking if it’s changed it’s another set so we are both seriously thinking of having laser surgery maybe towards end of year when we normally take a bit of a break (well he is deffo having it, I’m a wuss when it comes to eyes but seriously considering it). He can then just have his Pillars with no insert and I will just get the Rangers again.
Your preference of course and we all have different opinions but I hear so many shooters moaning about the Pillars but never hear anyone moan about any other cheap eyeglasses 🤔. Try before you buy is my advice and don’t rush into anything. Good luck.
I need new glasses. I had a perfect vision so far, and I had no reason to buy vision insurance, however cheap, offered by my employer. I am considering just paying for this myself, but with the caveat that I know nothing about getting it out of insurance. Would you recommend just walking in /take an appointment @ Costco eye section and asking them for an eye exam? I am not legally blind or anything -- so I can carry on till enrollment period and then sign up for vision insurance. So I can put this off. However if its just a few hundred dollars I might as well buy it myself.

I have glass lenses in my Pilla inserts. So no problems with clarity. When I used my X6 Pilla’s without inserts I loved the fact that they never fogged up. With the inserts they do fog up sometimes.
Without inserts my eyebrows didn’t mess up the pills lenses. With inserts my eyebrows touch the top of the inserts.
I don’t have experience with other brands.

ZEISS frames - most efficient shape & adjustment, most durable - and your local optician (including Specsavers) will glaze them how you want.

Latest posts

Back