Shooting Gloves

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Can anyone please recommend gloves that are

thin, warm and waterproof that I can use

for shooting please.

Hmmm, interesting and entirely reasonable question,  :yes:  only wish the shooting manufacturers had addressed it. :D

I have some lovely very thin leather beretta gloves that were bought for me as a leaving gift from my last workplace.  Not fully waterproof and won't keep you really warm if it's freezing out, but they take the edge off and do have a good grip if its raining.

A lot of people I see at shoots use MacWet gloves. Very popular amongst golfers.

Macwets are very good. They are not waterproof, but when wet your hands do stay warm.

I wear a pair for game shooting through the winter and have been very pleased with them.

Thanks I've tried the macwets and found them

cold when wet!

Don't mind if there is an expensive pair

out there as the cold in winter stops

me shooting!

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair for shooting gloves to be thin, waterproof, tactile enough to shoot in and warm is a big ask but it still doesn't excuse the reality that MacWets fall short of 75% of the equation, not when they're being marketed as shooting gloves !!

I really think it ought to be possible to make gloves that are tactile, waterproof and thin in the trigger finger part at the very least; it wouldn't matter if they were lined for warmth everywhere else. I've yet to find any that truly served the purpose so tend to either do without or wear ordinary leather gloves and just taking them off when in the stand. If you want grip try mechanics rubber gloves, you know the ones that they use for draining oil etc, the gun seems to stick to your hands. :)

Disappointing to hear this about MacWets as I was just about to order a pair. I heard they were the dog's danglies but so far they don't seem to be fondly regarded here.

I shoot in MacWets all year round. Wouldn't be without them. Not found a better glove yet. If your hands suffer from getting cold you could always put them in you pocket between stands / layouts. Just a thought.

I use Gripswell gloves, the standard brown ones.  They're certainly not waterproof as they've got holes in them but I like them.  They are thin enough for you to remove an unfired cartridge from the chamber if you need to, so they fit two of your criteria.

They also do a slightly more expensive 'winter' model.

I've just bought some Macwets and used them for the first time last week and was impressed with the 'feel' of them , and I could still feel the trigger ok , what they are like come the winter I couldn't tell you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You can get some good gloves for playing golf in the wet!! They grip really well, it's the total waterproof thing I am not sure about!! They are about 15-20 quid a pair.

Unimpressed with macwets found them to be poor quality and appalling after sales bought musto and haven't looked back

You can get some good gloves for playing golf in the wet!! They grip really well, it's the total waterproof thing I am not sure about!! They are about 15-20 quid a pair.
+1 on the golfing gloves, thin,supple, waterproof, good grip and half the cost of mac wets and others

Latest posts

Back