Shooting Gloves

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sealskinz make genuinely waterproof gloves. And they are the warmest gloves I've ever had.

Thicker than macwets, but you can get the "shooting" ones with a folding trigger finger. About £40-50.

Simon

I bought a pair of Dents silk lined leather shooting gloves last year and have been very pleased with them. Not cheap c £70 but excellent quality and pretty warm even when wet. See farlows.co.uk for details, although these can be found in many good shooting grounds or purchased direct from Dents.

MM

Tried everything over the years...MacWets for me when it is cold and i am with a gun or on a horse.

Leather is nice and warm but sh*t when wet if you take them off. MacWets dry on you.

Mind you I am not a pooooof..! :wink:

MacWets,

I used to have a super pair of soft leather summer bike gloves,  

Absolutly fantastic in the dry....  then they got wet, and shrunk horribly!!! and the dye ran and stained my hands ...

never again.

MacWets are the way to go.

:santa:

I have a pair of Underarmour winter golf gloves which are just starting to wear a bit thin in places after two years of constant wear ( I shoot in gloves all the time). Problem is they have changed the design so cannot replace like with like.

Macwets are twice the price (ridiculous price) and my son has gone through a pair in 4 months of shooting. Admittedly he wears them all the time when shooting. Macwets? Over priced rubbish if you ask me.

Just my opinion of course:)

DT

Edited for typos

Last edited by a moderator:
here are some (FWIW) golfer thots

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/561431-which-are-the-best-golf-gloves-for-winter-weather/

and a search that might have sources new for you

https://www.bingle.com/search?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=Underarmour+winter+golf+gloves&btnK=#q=Underarmour+winter+golf+gloves

In the past I've used batting gloves that were semi-OK for wet and cold.  I'm def gonna have a look at the UA's tho fer sure.  I suppose I should mention that I'm a trigger slapper sorta shooter so all that feel the trigger crap is a non-issue for me.

So, Mr. Solomons, what kind of gloves are they that you wear? :brunette:

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'perfect' shooting glove has still to be made.

I use Macwets mesh backed gloves in anything except rain or freezing cold.

RAIN, I use all weather simulated leather golf gloves, sold as single gloves but are available in left and right. You can get them in both red and blue to match your Cens !

FREEZING cold, try the 'Thinsulate' backed winter golf gloves with a long cuff. They come in black and at £12 a pair, I have 2 pair which I change at lunch if the first pair get wet.

I do not really suffer from cold hands, but using gloves all of the time for clay shooting, I feel a bit 'naked' shooting without them. Having around 8 pairs of various 'shooting' gloves, including leather and silk varieties, none of them are without downfalls but the above work well enough for me.

Use a pair of military combat gloves....seem ok for  the lads with their SA80's, do for me.... :hunter:

Thanks Madmillie, I'll have a look at the website and buy some dents gloves hopefully do the trick.....

As always sound advice on this forum.......

Thanks Ed and Nic for your comments... to the point as always Darlings XXX

Don't tend to use gloves but there is the odd occasion in winter when my arthritic fingers sting like hell. Too much of a misspent youth fighting & 20 years as a club bouncer and not a straight digit in sight. Still, the Missus loves it ;-)

Seal Skinz for me when it's really cold or wet when game or clay shooting. Otherwise I always keep a pair of thinsulate golfing gloves in the clay shooting bag.

Loved Eds response,each to their own I guess, that being said I've never tried wearing gloves for shooting or driving - I personally don't see the point......just saying.

keep your hands dry,,,, first requirement.   thin medical latex gloves on first,,very waterproof,, ( the same as a Doc uses to check your Prostate,,,, xD )  then a glove, if needed, ,to warm the hands,,, also a hand warmer helps.  most important is to keep dry,,,, moisture drains away heat very quickly,,, also, wear a hat/beany/something to keep your head dry and warm,,, half you body heat escapes from your head,,,,,

I've worn various makes of all weather golf gloves for decades,cheaper than shooting gloves! Not much use for warmth I must admit! My current ones are made by Footjoy, soft and very comfy!

Latest posts

Back