Shooting Gloves

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i first read this i thought you said "when iam with a gun on a horse" i had visions of john wayne in true grit with the reins in his teeth.
Hahaha.....have shot from a horse....many times....when I had the farm 'up north' :wink:

No point walking when you hunt rabbits etc on a moor......and bloody brilliant for getting foxes..!!

Bought my MacWets on Sunday and will try them out in colder weather. I have only been shooting since last November and really struggled in cold winds due to broken / arthritic fingers. In my book, any item of clothing that puts you back into a normal 'zone' has to be a good thing.
I really like macwets in winter. The only glove that almost feels like you are not wearing a glove! They come in many sizes, so get the right one as you are looking for a second-skin effect. When they become a bit baggy, wash them and they shrink back.

I find that in cold weather, my first issue is that there is zero sweat on my hands, so the gun slips. Macwets grip brilliantly. And actually, given how thin they are, they are very warm, but when it's FREEZING wear some big gloves over them between stands.

No, they are not waterproof, but I tend to solve that by avoiding shooting in the rain.

I wear macwets in 'normal' game shooting weather and find them okay.

On wet days game shooting I wear a cheap pair of fingerless wool thinsulate lined gloves over the top (£5 in the local market). They keep my hands reasonably warm and I can still reload in a hurry. I remember a day 2 seasons ago when my friend on the next peg could not reload after his first shot as his fingers simply would not function -  it was that cold/wet....

I have tried expensive leather shooting gloves (Xmas present from mum) and found them less than satisfactory.  

I'm no fudge packer, but seal skinz are amazing have a pair of their socks and if it isn't bitterly cold they are too warm... Bought their gloves for my cousin and he thought they were awesome (he is a massive fudge packer BTW)

Latest posts

Back