Southern Counties SG, What's happening?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny innit that there are facilities for javelin and shotput and pole vault etc i mean does anyone know anyone who does any of this weird stuff ?

I dont and yet it is often televised and funded and yet shooting isnt ?

All this makes me feel very lucky really, our club is only quite small yet we accommodate all olympic disciplines and have a good sporting layout too, we have a full OT layout and there's probably only maybe 5 of us that use it and its less than 10 mins from the back of my house, I think maybe I will stop moaning about it in future.

Pity its so far from me pal it sounds great.

Funny innit that there are facilities for javelin and shotput and pole vault etc i mean does anyone know anyone who does any of this weird stuff ?

I dont and yet it is often televised and funded and yet shooting isnt ?
Torbay councillors are now talking about building a velodrome with borrowed money as an attraction to the bay - will this be another burden on ratepayers like the English Riviera Conference Centre?

Well, saving SC has to be the first option as starting a fresh is as you've all noted is costly assuming a venue can be found.  As Nic has said what are our NGB's doing?  SC has been a major venue for years and revenue stream for all parties.  So what is the SW Director doing (he's the manager there) why is he not motivating the CPSA board and membership.  He runs the largest and best facility in the country, but judging by his general input as a CPSA official he does nothing.  If that the internal attitude then the venue is indeed doomed.

Hi Paul, nice to see you on here....you are in the mix at Bisley.....has anything been done by either Cpsa, BICTSF, British Shooting or the SW Director or in fact the ex chair who lives and shoots down there......to help save this Premier Plus club?

Is what everyone hearing correct? Or is this just speculation.

Apart from the odd small piece in the papers, I have seen nothing in the shooting mags to rally any support.

Well, saving SC has to be the first option as starting a fresh is as you've all noted is costly assuming a venue can be found.  As Nic has said what are our NGB's doing?  SC has been a major venue for years and revenue stream for all parties.  So what is the SW Director doing (he's the manager there) why is he not motivating the CPSA board and membership.  He runs the largest and best facility in the country, but judging by his general input as a CPSA official he does nothing.  If that the internal attitude then the venue is indeed doomed.
Who knows what the situation is? Maybe Kevin Newton has a confidentiality clause in his contract of employment which would put him in a very difficult position both morally and legally. If this is the case he is definitely between a rock and a hard place. I don't know how old Kevin is but maybe a nice redundancy package is tempting him and others there because if it does close I can't see them requiring any of the ground staff or management.

One day we will hopefully all know the truth but unfortunately this is unlikely to be before the demise of S.C.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back