tablets

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asus Memo pad HD

Have turned sound off in settings but still on Mrs IPs getting mad :)

Another thicko question re - Asus Memo HD7 tablet

Do I need to switch the thing off every time / day or is it better to just let it go to sleep mode ?

And does battery last OK that way ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes not bad at all although I tend to put the charging lead on anyway as a matter of habit each night.

Now on mobile, ruddy ell this screen is small after tablet thing :)

were me reading glasses when you need em

You can maximise battery life by the following

Dont have sync or auto update on allways

set the screen display to dim after 30 secs

Set the wifi to disconnect once the screen is turned off 

You can leave the tablet turned off by just turning off the display 

I think i get about a week on mine between charges

Mart

Update

asus went knackered returned it and got Samsung tab, much better than the asus.

bingle chrome is rubbish but cant find bog standard one on play store any idess as to how to change the browser for something usable

What operating system is on the Samsung Tablet? If it's android - then Chrome is your browser. 

Yes its android but thd asus that broke after two days had chrome and a bog standard browser same as on my samsung galaxy much better than chrome imo as it hasnt even got a return to home page button have read about opera but not sure about it as no experience with it

This is just my opinion.... but Chrome is the best browser on the market by a long way - bearing in mind they are my companies main competitor - that's a bold statement and I'll probably be hung for treason or something.  It syncs preferences, bookmarks and features across multiple machines, it's fast, secure and rarely stumbles on a page.

Caveat - I've never used it on an android tablet.

IE11 is also an awesome fast browser - but I know how much everyone loves MSFT products. 

Ok good enough for me I will stick with it, cheers

Chrome has its limitations on a tablet,  ;)

Try dolphin browser or firefox, all have there uses . :)

also have you got flash installed ?   you may need to do a hunt for it as an APK file and sideload it

sideload --- get the apk file   and  hook up your tablet to a pc, then drag and drop the flash apk file from the pc to the tab

then is settings on the tab, tick the run programs from 3rd party sources,  .... and voila  flash  ;)

Mart

Latest posts

Back