Used gun resale

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, if there is NOTHING made on cartridge sales, Companies that ONLY deal with catridge sales, must be running their business solely for Love ????????????????   Extraordinary !         :nyam:

Yes but have you seen the price of online suppliers seems to be more than shop or ground price.

Bought some 20 bore from Coniston shooting ground, same price as our local gunshop. Reasonably priced cartridges at Ribble Bank too. Have a look at Kelbrook website, some very good cartridge prices there.

Our local supplier is a lot cheaper than web site suppliers ips., and still makes a profit !

So taking an goodish shell at £200 / 1000 = £5 per 25.

When's the last time you saw shells at a ground cheaper than £5.

Even the cheap £160/1000 shells are sold for that or more.

Certainly round here.

So taking an goodish shell at £200 / 1000 = £5 per 25.

When's the last time you saw shells at a ground cheaper than £5.

Even the cheap £160/1000 shells are sold for that or more.

Certainly round here.
Agree with IPS.

I usually buy 250 or 500 at a time. Always found the prices match or very very close to shop prices when bought in the same quantity. Buy a box at a time and yes it will work out more expensive.

Ground prices are the dearest.
Brook bank are a lot cheaper than Braces in Bristol...... SLab at brookbank was£45 Slab at braces was £69!

I do not believe there margin on new guns is <5% nor on cartridges. Volume discounts will apply plus possibly generous rebates or target based bonuses. 

I have no issue with retailers making a profit, they offer a service, I dont even mind them making a huge profit. The published trade prices (if say you apply for a trade account are often higher than the street prices the goods sell for....).

But loosing £2k in 4 months........................Amazing!

Bet there was more than £150 profit in that sale....

What did you trade it for? Magic beans?

SIXTY NINE QUID for braces, bloody hell I would wear a kilt first !
Are you joking?

I wouldn't soil my barrels with anything under £70 a slab!!

You guys do like your "budget"loads. No wonder you all get problems with fouling and argue over good, bad and indifferent patterns.

Mind you, 250 lasts me 6 months these days!!

Numero UnoTop Dawg, :crazy:   I am suprised at you!  I would have thought Hull Comp X or Superfast are as clean and reliable as any other shell om the market out there at £40.00 a slab or less? :king:

Numero UnoTop Dawg, :crazy: I am suprised at you! I would have thought Hull Comp X or Superfast are as clean and reliable as any other shell om the market out there at £40.00 a slab or less? :king:
The older I get, the more I realise it's quality not quantity that makes me smile. I tried the Hull cartridges you mentioned earlier in the year, but soon found they are nothing but damp squibs compared to my favourites (Black Gold/Supremes/World Cup/RC4)

With how little I shoot now the cost of cartridges has little impact on me, except the psychological one that I am using the best there is. With so little practice I should be really rubbish but can still put in respectable scores. It can only be down to the cartridge?

I'm surprised you haven't caught on to this one Cyril with you being so "mature"?

NO 1topdog,  No I believe in fixed choke, none selective triggers, cartridges that don't kick me and all the rest is soley whats in your head when you shoot!  :crazy:  

(That will br £50.00 for the professional advice)   :haha:  

I don't believe  they make nothing on shells ,    get real .
Exactly.  They must have decided to sell me a load at a significant loss then. That was nice of them.

I saw a post re bulk buyer elsewhere on the forum and I managed to get a bigger discount than these guys were talking about.  The real trick of course is to lose the 20% vat...

Latest posts

Back