What sort of terain and paths should ESP majors be on?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b

Just read the cpsa board of directors minutes from December 14 and its seems that the board think you would all like esp to be on "varied terrain" . The context of this is in a part of the meeting where the board are looking at getting rid of the disabled class in esp, which personally I feel is probably the RIGHT thing to do as the disabled entrys have been very low,hence not much of a comp realy. 

Getting back to terrain,where do we as shooters draw the line with comfort over raw nature,for example a virgin site in grounds of a stately home is all very nice if you can guarantee fine weather,but if it rains do we want to be up to our knees in mud.We have hundreds of miles of proper paths and facilates already put in at great expense at well established grounds making a comfortable and safe inviroment for a day out at a comp and with only small adjustments disabled shooters can compete alongside everyone else.

FinalCPSABoardMinutes031214.pdf

Attachments

• FinalCPSABoardMinutes031214.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Ideally varied terrain with suitable access and stands to enable all shooters to shoot fairly. So no stands that are slippery, on a slope etc. Think the minutes allude to the terrain for target presentation rather than access.

Could it be feasible to have a "Disabled Shooting Position" for the limited amount of stands that warranted it?

Obviously the refs would have to be on the ball to enforce all disabled entrants shooting from that position but logistically it could be safer and more practical for all involved.

Hepworth Hall was vaired terrain but was manageable ,Garlands was not .Hepworth Hall was able to allow every one to shoot from the stand . This comes down to course designer which proves John Dyson knew how to set up a shoot for all but Steve Lovett does not especially where disabled people are concerned .

The CPSA are running scared because if they run a disabled class it has to be disabled friendly ,and some one might complain higher up to the acess ability people if it's not.

Don't worry though Paul ,tell Nick Fellows that he is safe !

I would not shoot Steve Lovett targets if it was free with naked female trappers

As for Nick Fellows he was made aware of all the problems but looks like he is going down the easy rute "let's just not have a disabled class "

Talk about move forward they are still in the dark ages

Deershooter I am no expert but even without a disabled class I think that not allowing disabled shooters to compete in a open comp when we are members of the sanctioning body is probably illegal.

post-2976-0-02216900-1423574875.jpg

This is ideal for keeping trap shooters away. :haha:

Deershooter

Whilst I sometimes enjoy your posts I get the impression you are the sort of man to poke a lion in the bollox just for the fun of it.

As for the naked female trappers. I bet you would.

I have to say that in 2014 we did a marvellous job of discouraging disabled shooters from taking part at National and International Sporting shoots.

The World's at EJC had cages that did not conform with the regulations and were sighted in some instances very precariously.

The British at Garlands was another poorly thought out . Around the back part of the course it could have also doubled as The World Wheelchair Motocross course and one stand the able bodied shot off a raised embankment and the disabled in the field below the bank thus it was four totally different targets.

We either cater fairly for disabled shooters or not bother and then spend the CPSA £32K surplus on another legal action..

Tough one this. My instincts are screaming there should be access for all!

But............. and I'm no expert,  I thought the DDA relates to access/egress to and from buildings, but this is the countryside we are talking about here.

Can grounds owners really be expected to cater for so few at such a potentially huge cost?

Tough one this. My instincts are screaming there should be access for all!

But............. and I'm no expert,  I thought the DDA relates to access/egress to and from buildings, but this is the countryside we are talking about here.

Can grounds owners really be expected to cater for so few at such a potentially huge cost?
I was thinking the same I don't think the DDA covers the natural lie of the earth!

I don't think it is too much to ask , for a wheelchair bound shooter to expect terrain that they can easily be pushed around on.

Paul Bailey deserves to be pushed around.

Thers no need for a ground to make a major expense to make a esp comp easy to get round for a few disabled shooters as they already have things like paths already in place for there normall reg comps but where things fall down is when the course setter gets all exited over the use of some fresh ground with no paths or balancing acts on sloped stands, eg well known very fit shooter sliped a in the stand at the world sporting,this shouldn't happen.A bit of thought is usualy all that is needed to make things nice for everyone,not massive expense.

Forget about the disabled side of things for now and as able bodied shooters do you want the old straw bailer walk around in the mud or a nice amble round somewhere that already has paths toilets catering etc already in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget about the disabled side of things for now and as able bodied shooters do you want the old straw bailer walk around in the mud or a nice amble round somewhere that already has paths toilets catering etc already in place.
Seriously? I prefer to shoot in a more natural environment. The club I shoot at most often has toilets and catering, but does not really have proper paths etc. 

Deershooter

Whilst I sometimes enjoy your posts I get the impression you are the sort of man to poke a lion in the bollox just for the fun of it.

As for the naked female trappers. I bet you would.
But John Dyson didn't poke his bollox through the fence when he set the British in 2013

Deersh

Deershooter, 

Talk sense or shut up !

Most times you have legitimate gripe and I understand your concerns, then you go off on one and lose support immediately.

Latest posts

Back