What's the difference between?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubblehound

Being new to the world of clays, is there a reference or can somebody tell me the differences between the disciplines like Skeet  and Trap and anything else I may have missed.

Skeet, trap, abt, dtl  -------- shot by robots

Sporting / FITASC / Compac / Sporttrap ----- shot by people with imagination, style and flair.

:) :) :) :)  

Being new to the world of clays, is there a reference or can somebody tell me the differences between the disciplines like Skeet  and Trap and anything else I may have missed.
The main difference between Trap and Skeet is that the former has going away targets, the latter crossing as well as incomers and quartering. The main similarity is they're both tedious. 

The main difference between Trap and Skeet is that the former has going away targets, the latter crossing as well as incomers and quartering. The main similarity is they're both tedious. 
So which discipline offers fun instead of tedious? Is there one beginners should start with over the others?

So which discipline offers fun instead of tedious? Is there one beginners should start with over the others?
As you are none the wiser why don't you go to somewhere that offers a few disciplines.  For trap start with Down the Line rather than ABT, OT or UT as it is the more practical of those disciplines to start with.  I am a sporting/fitasc/sportrap/compak shooter who likes Down the Line for zoning out and relaxation which by the way does not mean I get them all and skeet for practise/punishment.  I in fact just like to shoot a lot.  Sporting (ESP)  will encompass all as you will see presentations of trap and skeet birds on a sporting layout.

I am still reading the CPSA handbook. Page 65 explains it all. I am reading snippets as and when I can. Thanks again for the link.

Start with Skeet and Trap as both offer excellent grounding in basic gun handling and of course safety but for proper fun seek out ESP and the other disciplines which offer non formated layouts. 

Latest posts

Back