Beretta SL2

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonz

Had a few shots with the new offering from Beretta at the weekend, the SL2 certainly looks a lot different to the rest of the Beretta stable, but have to say it does live up to all of the hype and claims regarding recoil and handling. It was a pleasure to shoot, no noticeable barrel flip, very well balanced , the longer forend makes it very pointable .
I think if I had deeper pockets I would be ordering one, best go and buy a lottery ticket

Extensive research and product testing and design are alos expesnive commodities.

I love the SL2 and would own one if I had the cash.

I think its a stunning and modern gun, and for a very small uplift, you can go to the factory and choose the wood and have a custom stock as I understand it.

If I had just bought a DT11 Black, I doubt I would be so pleased however.

I think it looks stunning and if I was loaded (with money), I’d go for it. Alas I do ok but loaded I am not. I’ll keep looking for a DT11. Or maybe follow what Yorkshire shooter has done. That looked a fun project)
Why so high in cost, diminishing returns, exclusivity(low builds), latest and greatest. They’re all going to add up.
Worth it? I’ll leave that up to the individual.

It is almost double the price of a DT11. There might be small advantages, but 99,9% of the shooters will hardly benefit from that.

Reactions: SBL
It does look like a stunning gun, but is it that much better than the DT11?
Yes, I would say it is, I’ve shot a DT 10 &11 and this SL2 is a lot better than either of the DT’s . The recoil or rather lack of it is the biggest thing I noticed and it handles so well I would have one in a heartbeat if I just had the money

I'm asking how much is marketing hype.

Different forcing cones & chokes - why was that data not available with the DT11. And if they are different surely it's not a cost issue to make the DT11 barrels with the same cones & chokes.

Barrel shoulders are square again - when the rounded ones were hailed as a new development on the 692/94 line.

I do like the receiver design but it looks like its been made fat to allow for the cutaways.

Wait for the hysteria to die down and then find a second hand one - oh forgot I'm left handed !!

It’s no different to buying the latest and greatest supercar, there’s always something else coming out after you’ve spent the money…..

I’ve shot all of the above and had a student yesterday with the SL2 and I have to say the DT10 still is by far the better gun of the 3.

Time will tell on sl2 but I fear the price point will hurt it

Last edited:
Reactions: SBL
I think its a stunning and modern gun, and for a very small uplift, you can go to the factory and choose the wood and have a custom stock as I understand it.

If I had just bought a DT11 Black, I doubt I would be so pleased however.

One wonders what a "small uplift" is in Beretta-custom pricing. At 20-ish grand for a gun, I would expect it to already include the very best selection of wood and an all expenses paid trip to come and have it fitted :cool:

Time will tell on sl2 but I fear the price point will hurt it

I'm with Ben on this one and don't see the SL2 persuading many people at its current price, as there is little to really distinguish it from other flagship models while in essence you are paying made-to-order money for a higher-production-numbers gun.

Not in loop at all, so asking, for an imaginary friend whats the sticker price for this hoped for magic wonder gun?

Latest posts

Back