Clay ground hire gun cost?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One the other hand though if my mate hadn't taken me along and let me share his gun for a round of sporting I would never have got into shooting at all. So in that case I agree with allowing gun sharing. Don't get me wrong we where nothing like what westley has described. 

Dunc 

I get what you're saying, and agree it seems a little unfair. BUT, in the final analysis it's only £10. Sounds like you've enjoyed supporting this club, are you really going to throw that all up for the sake of a tenner? 

On the other hand................  :wink:  

Nah, seriously. I'd have a friendly word with the owner. As Guru said, groundowners need goodwill and repeat business of the shooters. Sounds like you give a fair amount of support, I dare say he'd not want to lose your custom. 

Dunc 

I get what you're saying, and agree it seems a little unfair. BUT, in the final analysis it's only £10. Sounds like you've enjoyed supporting this club, are you really going to throw that all up for the sake of a tenner? 

On the other hand................  :wink:  

Nah, seriously. I'd have a friendly word with the owner. As Guru said, groundowners need goodwill and repeat business of the shooters. Sounds like you give a fair amount of support, I dare say he'd not want to lose your custom. 
​No worries, word will get back to them...  ;)    

....and I will have a word f2f when I get a chance.  There was an 'attitude' issue as well but that's another story.  

Thanks for your response and to all the others as well.  :cool:

Proper shooting grounds with permanent facilities would realistically have to charge a fiver at least and I suppose a tenner would also be OK so long as they are decent spec clay guns and not too slack. 

Personally though I would demand a minimum £35+ per round if I were forced to shoot your average clubs loaners.  :p :D

Latest posts

Back