ear plugs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Is there an ear plug that gives the same protection as muffs i have tried a few over the years even the mould it yourself jobs but none seemed to work effectively ie block noise out as well.

Cheers

Tried most devices I am now back on the disposable foam jobs does rhe job as well as owt posh and costs pence!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Tried most devices I am now back on the disposable foam jobs does rhe job as well as owt posh and costs pence!
+1

I started with a set of Peltor electronic jobbies - lasted about 2 months before I ditched them and went to the disposal ones.

Do you find the foam jobbies block as much as muffs ?

No plugs will block the same as good muffs, because some hearing is through the skull bone around the ear.

I love my MSA cans, but when it's hot I put in some moulded plugs for comfort. Takes a couple of shots to adjust to the different sound..

No plugs will block the same as good muffs, because some hearing is through the skull bone around the ear.

I love my MSA cans, but when it's hot I put in some moulded plugs for comfort. Takes a couple of shots to adjust to the different sound..
that makes sence., maybe you have to stick with them until you get used to them

My opinion is based on my experience,

over ear cans- bang stock on ear muff annoying enough to affect gun mount

In ear moulded jobby left ear perfect right ear gets sore after a while and have to be spot on with hygiene between shoots

Disposable foam ones, roll em up between clean fingers and insert at first stand take out at last stand and throw away. Anybody wants to have a full on convo whip one out and keep it pinched before replacing it after discussing annoying fluffy rabbits between stands! ..

My opinion is based on my experience,

over ear cans- bang stock on ear muff annoying enough to affect gun mount

In ear moulded jobby left ear perfect right ear gets sore after a while and have to be spot on with hygiene between shoots

Disposable foam ones, roll em up between clean fingers and insert at first stand take out at last stand and throw away. Anybody wants to have a full on convo whip one out and keep it pinched before replacing it after discussing annoying fluffy rabbits between stands! ..

MSA headphones, with buttons on stock side, don't knock the stock..

I agree with you Will after having tried yours and taken your advice got a set of MSA cans and I cant fault them still have the moulded ones if it gets to hot but now find cans more comfortable .

MSA headphones, with buttons on stock side, don't knock the stock..
The only problem with this is that the sound mic's are then pointing back towards all the talking behind you., well they are on my MSA's unfortunately the wife could not afford the dearest one's, but I very pleased with them though.

Yes, shame the buttons are on that side.. Perfect for LH shooters I suppose..

I usually turn them off or on to minimum vol when in the stand.

Yes but ear plugs please :)

I want to go to plugs but want good noise reduction.

Is there a good quality none custom job other than disposable ?

MSA Sordin's are made for the Master race, LEFTIES.

Emtec Noise Breakers made in Shropshire by geniuses, topped off with Sordin Muffs and then a saucepan on your head for radiation and you should be well protected. Don't forget the Baco Foil.

MSA Sordin's are made for the Master race, LEFTIES.

Emtec Noise Breakers made in Shropshire by geniuses, topped off with Sordin Muffs and then a saucepan on your head for radiation and you should be well protected. Don't forget the Baco Foil.
good to know. Is the size of saucepan critical ?

Latest posts

Back