ear plugs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have an unused set of those at home - I'll check when I get in, if they are there then I'll send you them ips.

at the very least, use saliva as a natural antiseptic (if a bit gross).
No problem I like to use a lot of saliva it has antiseptic qualitys and also is a very good lubricant .................. sorry I think we are talking cross purposes :(

Back to the topic, thank you for the info. :)

So these ones that dustin mentions aT 32db.....how does that compare with custom moulded jobs and foam jobs and muffs I wonder ???

I admit to being gross....I put mine in my mouth to get saliva on them before putting them in my ear ...everytime...there is no horrid taste because my ears are clean....but i do this for two reasons..

1) the saliva makes them twist easily

2) it makes a great seal that cuts out even more noice.

p.s. I do not have the little circle thingies on my plugs....i have them made solid....so when they are in....i cannot hear a thing. (we have a betting shop with tik tak bookies stood behind us...and they tend to make quite a lot of noise). I suspect it would come in very handy at sporting to block out the ever so helpful advice proffered. If i want to listen to anything then i twist them in my ears and all noise is back.....simples.

Has anyone had the custom moulded ones by the bloke who does them at the Kreighof. Any good ? Think there the cens ones i would want solid ones.

IPS - checked at home, I have the Hearplug ZDF - size Med - they indicate 22db filtering - any use?

Aaah - ignore me - you were looking for Heartech - sorry!

I'll keep these as spares.

Thanks for the very kind offer they do look and sound good ones but i will see how things progress with my research on the custom jobs if there not suitable i may try some of those.

Cheers - Ian

Is there an ear plug that gives the same protection as muffs i have tried a few over the years even the mould it yourself jobs but none seemed to work effectively ie block noise out as well.

Cheers
Ian,

I usually use the Deben slim electronic (similar to Wills I think) but have just stumbled across these - http://www.hertz-earplugs.co.uk/ which are £8 inc post. 

Thought I'd try them & mine arrived this morning so made them this aft.  They aren't hard but neither are they as soft as silicon.  They fit well (as I suppose they should being moulded to my ears - durrr - what I should have said is they are easy to get in & out) but I haven't shot with them yet.  Will let you know in a couple of days when I've had chance to try them at the SG.

Phil

cheers i got some last year and they moulded perfectly and look good but i regret to inform you that i wasnt impressed with there performance however i am used to muffs so maybe expected too much intend to try them again. Good luck with yours be interested in what you think.

Ian

i currently have green leopard custom moulded plugs which seem pretty good, but nothing ive tried is as good as a 3m 1100 earplug for comfort or sound reduction. i would go back to the 3m plugs if i ever lost my moulded plugs

I received my Heartech Silentear plugs yesterday, I have a slight difference in the size of the entrance to my ear canals, in the small one (left side) the Silentear is fantastic, in my slightly bigger canal I feel the bulb of the plug would need to be slightly bigger to be perfect but even then if I push it right in, with a little hand cream applied it does the job. Overall not bad at all, they used to do three sizes small, medium and large; they have dropped the large size unfortunately. I have had custom made plugs before and these do seem as good but attenuation is very frequency specific and the figures given by the manufacturers may be very subjective, you pays your money and all that. :preved:

I must admit that I hate earplugs, I hate anything in my ears and I have been prone to ear infections in the past and putting things into one's ears is a pretty fast way to get an infection! I have always used muffs, mainly Peltor muffs in fact.

I was once told by a Doctor, the only thing you should poke in your ear is your elbow.

I never saw how that was possible :)

Or why you would attempt it ,.. :)

Ips,

You do need to get yourself down to Hodnet for further education.

I never saw how that was possible :)

Or why you would attempt it ,.. :)
That's exactly it Ian, you cannot put your elbow in your ear! So basically it means never put anything in your ear. I used to shoot with my old doctor, it was he who got me into shooting this bloody OT game, he would never use anything other than heavy duty ear defenders and would shake his head if he saw guys fiddling with ear plugs.

Latest posts

Back