F1 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen a report on TV saying they are going to make a decision on Thursday on whether Vettel should be given a 20 second penalty for an illegal overtaking move under yellow flags which would then demote him to 8th and thus 1 point adrift of Alonso's tally :eek: .

What do you think? Personally I hope Vettel is proved not to have made an illegal pass but if he has then you have to apply the rules equally, there have been many instances of point revisions after a race and I have no doubt RedBull would be arguing the toss themselves if you were to reverse things round!

Personally I was routing for Alonso to win but I'm not sure this would be the right way to win a World Championship. But as you say 'rules is rules'. Can't believe Vettel came out of that first lap incident with no real damage. Some thing to do with the luck of the Germans I guess, Schumacer got away with loads of times.

Always good to see one put over on Horner. Smarmy git.

DT

Yes I agree it doesn't seem the right way but rules are applied throughout the year and the last race shouldn't be exempt regardless of the enormity of the results or consequences. I recall Schuey winning one race whilst pitted after the final lap, :frown: don't think it was a title year for him but grated all the same.

Tis true. The FIA has stated there is no case to answer as a trackside marshall was waving a green flag between the displayed yellow and the next green trackside light prior to the Vettel overtake and the waved flag takes precedence over the trackside lights which are some way apart.

Still miffed that Alonso didn't manage to pull it though but a crackin race to end the season :)

Looking forward to March already :)

DT

Latest posts

Back